First ever record you bought.

The first recording I bought was the Mothers of Invention - Freak Out.

That was around '66 or 67. I was 13 years old. My father, a jazz musician, forbade me from playing it on HIS stereo. He said it would make the record player puke! Haha! That started a long love affair with Frank's music...

(Later, my father admitted to appreciating The Grand Wazoo.)

Guns and Roses Appetite for destruction. Then Mc Hammer, I was 9, then EazyDuz it, then the black album by metallica then Master of puppetts.

The Moody Blues - In Search of the Lost Chord

May have been a Soft Machine album (don't remember which, after looking the list up)

The first recording I bought was the Mothers of Invention - Freak Out.

It seems this thread doesn't only show who's old and who's not but also shows up the old souls. Surprisingly sophisticated first albums, guys.

I can't even imagine what you guys would have been listening to while I was having my teeny obsession about Slade :)

Well technically my older brother bought it as a gift for me but my first record I ever owned was Legend by Bob Marley. I was raised on some great music, it's a wonder it took me till high school to pick up a guitar.

album - oh, let´s say American Pie (Don McLean) cause i heard the full version on AM just before sign off (12:00AM). age 11-12.

i have always said it was ¨Precious And Few¨ by Climax age 12. but upon closer inspection, it may have been David Ruffin´s ¨My Whole World Ended¨. age 9-ish.

The first album I ever bought was the soundtrack for The Sting. I really loved "The Entertainer" as a kid so I bought it. I think I was 6 or 7. After that, I think it was Sgt. Peppers followed by another half dozen Beatle records until Boston's first album and Van Halen 1 came out.

Wow, I am dating myself here, ain't I?

Yes you are ;) ha!....the Van Halen classics: Runnin' With The Devil, You Really Got Me, Jamie´s Cryin...so fxxxxxg good!

Van Halen 1 came out.

Wow, I am dating myself here, ain't I?

My first was supposed to be the Foriegner release with 'Cold as Ice' on it. The problem was when i got home and pulled out the vinyl, it read 'Donnie and Mary Goin Coconuts'.

I was so mad I went to my neighbors house and shot the record with a shotgun.

Mine would have been, What'd I Say, by Ray Charles. First song I played drums to as well.

I was so young, I don't know if I really bought it myself, but the first record I remember owning is the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack on actual vinyl.

Pictures at and Exhibition- Emerson, Lake and Palmer
sometime back in the '70s

Actually I bought two albums that day in 1971 when I was 16-the Yes Album and Aqualung-the start of my collection and two great buys. The good ole days of music stores and albums. I bought them with my money. I had picked up some Beach boy, etc 45s but that was funded by my Dad.

Back