Conga Rims

I am in the market for purchasing a tumbadora, conga, and quinto for practicing and performance purposes. Does anyone here know the difference between LP's comfort curve II, Soft Strike, and EZ-Curve?

I know that the more expensive drums have the comfort curve - but what exactly is the difference between them all?

Thanks!

They are designed with a few differences to keep from stepping on each others' patents but they all do the same thing. The rims of traditional congas have a high collar which destroys your hands with "proper" conga technique. These rims give all the functionality of the traditional rims but the top edge of the rim is far below the bearing edge, so they are ergonomic. I'd say you'd do well with any good manufacturer.

Thanks, yeah I know all about messing your hands up with the old style rims! I just wanted to see if there was any real difference between the different names - I didn't see much of one at all looking at profile pics of the rims on the drums. I settled on an entry/mid level set of quinto, conga, and tumba from LP that should be coming in the beginning of January (back ordered).

Thanks!

Back