Ludwig Bass Reso Head Style & Era ?'s

B-squared

Silver Member
I couldn't any threads that dealt with this, so I thought I would just ask the gang these questions. I just ordered a black Ludwig bass drum reso with the logo that has the "L-g" underlined. I currently have a white Ludwig reso with the vintage script and the "USA" at the bottom. It looks pretty good with my Sky Blue Pearl shells and I think the black one will look good too. I was going to switch heads between gigs. Does anyone else do something like this?

The second question is more historical in nature. I have the B/O badges. I think the "L-g" logo was from the same era as the B/O badges (late 70's) and the script logo was from earlier (60's and before). I graduated from H.S. in '78 and that's what I remember and my internet searches seem to indicate the same. Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance?

Yes, the B/O badge drums had the L--G connected logo.
The first logos were around 6", and then got larger, and a little "fatter" overall.

Script logo was used in the 60's.

I've changed heads/logos to suit my mood too.

Sky Blue Pearl mmmmmmmmm........... :)

Thanks Karl!

It's great to have a Ludwig aficionado to consult. I am going to love changing the heads from gig to gig. I have been ordering heads online through Casio Interstate and they sent me one of their catalogs in the mail. There are a lot of cool drum toys in that thing!

Back