[Interactive] Dream Theater - Metropolis Part 1 - JAM-ALONG!

zolhof

Hey guys, first of all I'm really sorry if I'm posting this on the wrong section of the forum. Moderators, feel free to move the thread!

Anyway, after many many days of uploading to youtube, We're happy to announce our INTERACTIVE version of the Metropolis Part 1 'VRA! Split-Screen Covers' is finally up.

When we started out the project we agreed within the band that we wouldn't release "backing track" versions of our recordings. This was to preserve the uniqueness of our videos, since they did require lots of hard work and money to be done. Our compensation for the effort would be basically (and hopefully) the exposure.

That being said, we have received countless messages and emails from people around the world interested in play-alongs for their particular instruments, which we've had to deny, up until now...

We feel this particular online cover has surpassed our expectations, reaching over 250k hits on Thiago's channel, and we want to offer you something special in appreciation to the support we've been getting for both the VRA! Split-Screen Covers and our band of originals Bad Salad.

So here it is... the [INTERACTIVE] Metropolis Part 1, offered to you by VRA!
It's our way of saying thank you!

Share with your friends, grab your instrument and jam away at it!

If you don't play an instrument, you might still enjoy listening to the different mixes, so check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G464GgaZqL4

Have fun! VRA!!!

That's totally frickin' awesome..!!!

That's totally frickin' awesome..!!!

+1

Fantastic effort to put the project together so seamlessly, zolhof! That would have taken a lot of work. I hadn't seen a linked YouTube vid before. What format was the source file? I didn't think you could upload Flash files because that's the target format.

Hot playing too ... that keyboardless version rocks :)

At first I was thinking "What's so special about this...? It's just a video."

Then I read Polly's post and found the magic. Great job, amazing format. This is worth an entirely unqiue website.

Wow, this is extremely, extremely cool... Do you guys have any other songs you've done something similar to this with?

+1

Fantastic effort to put the project together so seamlessly, zolhof! That would have taken a lot of work. I hadn't seen a linked YouTube vid before. What format was the source file? I didn't think you could upload Flash files because that's the target format.

Hot playing too ... that keyboardless version rocks :)

Yeah, that part blew my mind. I've never seen an interactive youtube video before. I didn't think it was possible, given all the super compression they put on anything you upload.

DED, I found this info on another website:
The interactivity is created by overlaying annotations on top of the video. Annotations were previously used solely as captions or speech balloons leading viewer to another site for more information related to the video. Now they are transforming YouTube from a static video player to a tool for engaging the audience. Check out YouTube's help section for more information on how to create annotations.
Zolhof and his band made fantastic use of it too.

Back