Let's see your Gretsch kits (saved the best for last!)

hey stillgroovin!

Your Kit is very nice, too. On your photos the finish looks better than on my ones...
I've got a little Update: I purchased a DW 5500 Hi Hat matching to my double pedal.
img0784aun.jpg

my pedals cost almost as much as my kit^^
whatever it works very well. i hope i can report about new cymbals very soon. my present ones are very crappy.....

PS:
airsmunch1, your throne is very cooool :-D
attachment.php

Hey everyone, I'm really liking all the kits here.

Here is my setup:
4 piece Gretsch catalina club mod with a pork pie little squealer snare, DW pedal and Zildjian ZBT cymbals. Got a great deal on craigslist for the whole setup. The next day, I was able to sell my nighthawk for what I was asking for it easily.

The night I brought it home.
096.jpg

It lives in the basement!
PICT0159.jpg

PICT0161.jpg

Ha, that's what happens when your the only lefty in band. I had to learn to play like a righty. Thanks

I am confused by that...Do other people play the drums so it's set up that way? If you are the only drummer why not set it up the way you like it?

Really nice kits, one of my favorite threads. Here's mine.

Attachments

• front.JPG
    front.JPG
    276.1 KB · Views: 7,101
Thanks for looking, and dont let the Philipine mahogany scare you away... I agree with Yamahammer, these drums are thunderous! They sound great for what they cost, .. they sound great in general :p

Here is my gretsch Catilina Elite with the new cymbals. I love the deep sound of mahogany and boy do these drums sing!

The drums are:
18*20 bass
10*8
12*10
14*14
Remo Popcorn Snare
Pearl 3*13" Piccolo

The cymbals are:
14" Istanbul Hats
17" K Custom Fast Crash
20" Bosphorus Traditional ride
11" K Custom Hybrid Splash
13" K Dark Hats
18" K Dark thin crash
22" K Med Ride
12" K Splash
10" K Splash
18" Avedis China Boy High
16" A Custom Crash
14" Saluda Mini China

Attachments

• IMG00055.jpg
    IMG00055.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 7,130
  • IMG00051.jpg
    IMG00051.jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 7,020
  • IMG00052.jpg
    IMG00052.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 6,937
Thanks for looking, and dont let the Philipine mahogany scare you away... I agree with Yamahammer, these drums are thunderous! They sound great for what they cost, .. they sound great in general :p
The G1s are very nice sounding on these kits!

I'm thinking about possibly adding one of these CMs to my quiver.....?

The G1's are deffinately the way to go on this kit imo. I took them off for some ec2's the first week I had them, but ended up putting the G1's back on. I guess gretsch knew what they were doing, this kit sounds best with no muffling. I had to tame the floor tom down a little with a cut down e-ring though.

^^ Gretsch now has a 5 pc Club mod in a 1up 2 down configuration in silver/black sparkle fade finish. Looks pretty sweet!

GretschCatClubmod5pc.jpg

P1010212.jpg

My Catalina Birch.

I picked it up for $400.

There were barely any stick marks on the heads and the stickers were still on the cymbals. *one* little ding in the bass drum's finish from a rack tom being too close. Sounds fantastic after tuning it. I'm a bit overprotective of my drums now....the finish is nice, and I intend to keep it that way.....even if it means using a microphone stand as a lance to keep bar patrons away at shows.

P1010212.jpg

My Catalina Birch.

I picked it up for $400.

There were barely any stick marks on the heads and the stickers were still on the cymbals. *one* little ding in the bass drum's finish from a rack tom being too close. Sounds fantastic after tuning it. I'm a bit overprotective of my drums now....the finish is nice, and I intend to keep it that way.....even if it means using a microphone stand as a lance to keep bar patrons away at shows.

Nice kit dude! Love the finish too...!
There is (maybe was) a kit like this at a local music go round that I was eyeballing..
Gretsch FTW!

Nice kit dude! Love the finish too...!
There is (maybe was) a kit like this at a local music go round that I was eyeballing..
Gretsch FTW!

Thanks. I wasn't really sure if I'd want a birch kit...but after tuning the rack toms while looking it over, I was sold. I'm very happy with how they sound. I've got to get cymbals though....it came with ZBT's.

Back