Paul Bostaph

metal overlord

Gold Member
Well, Paul is a great drummer. I saw Testament live and he just rocked the place.
I didn't see him anywhere on the forum but he has a page on drummerworld.

He is also quite underrated. Same with John Tempesta and Charlie Benante

anbody know what drums paul is playing now since he left tama

I believe he's playing Sonor, but im not 100%

Last time I checked, he was playing PDP drums. Sometimes drummers jump around until they are completely comfortable with the endorsement they are receiving.

[thread necromancy]

I know this thread is pretty old, but I didn't want to n00b out by starting a new thread.

Anyways....I'm a HUGE fan of Paul - my favorite drummer in fact. His drumming on Slayer's Divine Intervention is what inspired me to finally start playing back in '94, and ever since then I've feverishly studied every aspect of his drumming on every he's been on in true fanboy fashion.

I never thought he'd be able to top what he did with Slayer, but I think he hit it out of the park on Exodus' SHKM and then again on the last Testament album. It's a shame he just officially left Testament, but his new project BlackGates sounds promising.

He's been with Yamaha for a while now. That silver Oak Custom kit he was using on the American Carnage tour sounded INSANE live. Definitely a huge step up from his PDP kit (though that one sounded awesome too).

This > Bostaph learned that a slight swap in his kit configuration has also given him a chance to re-work his playing. "It's much more comfortable," he insists. "And only having two rack toms forces me to go down to the floor toms faster, so I use them more. I wanted to incorporate the floor toms more into my style anyway, so this has worked out great."

Awesome vid!!

I hope he does a clinic in my neck of the woods someday.
I guess he has more time on his hands since he left Testament so we can only hope!
He also went into great detail during question time after the clinic which was great. When I asked him if he found joining Slayer to be a daunting task he replied- "As far as I was concerned- the gig was mine"!

Back