Lose the 'bing' banners, Please! I beg you!

MikeM

Platinum Member
Those Microsoft bing adds are driving me CRAZY!! Have they set out to make like as annoying as possible with their banner adds that hijack the way forum software operates? I think they have! I don't get why they get first dibs on my cursor after the requisite period of loading (ha ha! of course I do!).

You may wish to consider making a donation to the site if you haven't already. It is a great way to help support Drummerworld financially. It would be interesting to know how much a year the 200 most active members would need to donate to keep the site entirely ad-free for a year.

I never get Bing banners. I always see ads for Musicians friend, Geiko and as I'm typing this, Travelers Insurance.

I don't mind any of them really although I really do hate Bing, I'm a Dapper Dan and Google man!

Use the firefox browser (if you aren't already) and get the Adblock Plus addon. It gets rid of nearly all of those pesky google ads.

Are the banners really so annoying that you want to deprive Bernhard of some much deserved ad revenue? This site isn't cheap to run, and we're all grateful that he puts in the time and money to provide drummers with a place like this, aren't we. If the banners are blocked, it doesn't count as a hit as far as ad revenue goes, which means Bernhard is poorer for it.

As for the original post question; Bernhard has no control over which ads are displayed here. I never see Bing ads, I generally only get Norwegian ads (because the ad software detects that I'm in Norway).

Most of the really annoying Ads use Flash. I have a plugin on my Mac called ClickToFlash that disables all Flash unless I click on it. Would-be annoyances end up as grey boxes with the word Flash written on it. I also like Ad-Block plus.

Are the banners really so annoying that you want to deprive Bernhard of some much deserved ad revenue? This site isn't cheap to run, and we're all grateful that he puts in the time and money to provide drummers with a place like this, aren't we. If the banners are blocked, it doesn't count as a hit as far as ad revenue goes, which means Bernhard is poorer for it.

As for the original post question; Bernhard has no control over which ads are displayed here. I never see Bing ads, I generally only get Norwegian ads (because the ad software detects that I'm in Norway).

I don't have any problem with donating, and I'd MUCH rather do that then have to fend off large banner Ads. Is there a PayPal method of donating to Drummerworld?

There WAS a brief moment in time when drummerwolrd had shirts available for purchase. I did my part and bought a supporting member golf polo (which donated $10 to the site). Now there is a link on the home page on the left hand side if you want to donate...i believe it is paypal.

There WAS a brief moment in time when drummerwolrd had shirts available for purchase. I did my part and bought a supporting member golf polo (which donated $10 to the site). Now there is a link on the home page on the left hand side if you want to donate...i believe it is paypal.

I would love a Drummer World tshirt! Maybe that and a DW sweat towel, A drummer always needs a sweat towel.

I must be doing something wrong - I've never seen these ads? Where and when do they appear? Every time I log in? I know there is an ad at the top of the page as I type this, but is that what you're talking about? Or is there some ad that you're forced to watch first before you can go anywhere on the site?

I would love a Drummer World tshirt! Maybe that and a DW sweat towel, A drummer always needs a sweat towel.
Yeah, we had another thread about this. Some high quality Drummerworld merchandise would be a welcome move IMO. And no Berhard, not with your face on the logo, lol, although "I've gone to the coast" or "Don't bash Ringo" caps & shirts could be a winner.

Yeah, we had another thread about this. Some high quality Drummerworld merchandise would be a welcome move IMO. And no Berhard, not with your face on the logo, lol, although "I've gone to the coast" or "Don't bash Ringo" caps & shirts could be a winner.

I second that, particularly the Ringo ones. Wouldn't 'Going to the coast' be more appropriate?

I dunno ... I'm banner blind. I don't see them.

Okay, let's see ... there's an ad for Sportingbet up there but I don't gamble ... interesting that it's aimed at Australians, though.

I never really notice them.
I looked at them after I read this thread and I didn't see anything that I wanted to buy from any of them.
They are harmless and they help to keep this site going.
I don't have a problem with them at all.

The ads must be directed by our IP addresses or server IP.

I could submit a Don't Bash Ringo design if you like :)
The ads are regional.
The miracle of the internet!
If you take out a Goggle add, You only pay when the ad gets you a sale. That is how they work. Ingenious way to advertise!

Back