I'm testing the waters regarding maybe selling some of my precious gear

KONA

Silver Member
I've come to decide I may not want to keep all my drum gear and I'm thinking about selling the following.

Gretsch Renown Purewood African Mahogany 6pc with Double Gibratar Rack (extra pieces with that as well), Impact Cases included. I can throw in a "like new" Gibraltar SD-single pedal with case.

I'm pretty firm on the Purewoods - I think they're still worth at least $2500 alone considering how nice they are and you can't buy them anymore. I've seen bits-n-pieces of them sold in the last few years but I have the whole set including matching snare. I still have the original cardboard boxes they came in.

$3,500

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I have to know. If you are getting rid if this kit what are you playing?

Lots of drums - haha.

Seriously though, I have two kits right now. I don't want to sell my 58 Gretsch kit. I'd like to keep the Purewoods, but I'm trying to downsize a little. As much as I hate to think about parting with them I'll do that over the 58 4pc. I have a chance to buy a very special shellpack with gold hardware - it is a "dream-kit" for me, but I would have to sell some drums to get it. I'm becoming a "hoarder" of drum stuff.

Last edited:
UP-DATE:
No bites.............so I will gladly keep these drums. I set them up last night and wow - I forgot how nice they sounded. I've been playing my 58 Gretsch kit for the last three months or so & the Purewoods were packed away. This bass drum is thunder = that deep thud that is pure low-bass-growl, I love it.

I took them off listing..........until I have another mental relaps haha.

Both my daughters were angry with me for listing them in the first place - they should be happy now.

Back