DW DRUMS--- NAMM 2009

I agree with you last year they had a Swarovski Crystal kit,asking price I found out was$85,000.00.

Here it is

DW17.jpg

DW16.jpg

DW15.jpg

I...am...speechless. This company never stops amazing me.

DSCN7443.jpg

"I know! Let's make a bunch of weird-sized tom-tom sort of things. You know someone's gonna buy 'em!"
"Adds a new dimension of sound to your..." blah, blah, blah.

What is that gross-looking mutated snare drum-floor tom monster over there on the left?

I'ts a Ballad Snare

This is on the DW site about it:

The Collector's Series® Ballad Snare is a 10x16" snare drum on legs. As the name suggests, the Ballad Snare provides plenty of low-end punch for heavy backbeat applications. Complete with custom snare beds, snare wires and Delta throw-off, it can be ordered in any Collector's Series® finish combination.

DW does the best finishes. No question in my mind.

The airplane fuselage graphics just rock. I'd want more pin-up gals though. :D

DSCN7443.jpg

"I know! Let's make a bunch of weird-sized tom-tom sort of things. You know someone's gonna buy 'em!"
"Adds a new dimension of sound to your..." blah, blah, blah.

What is that gross-looking mutated snare drum-floor tom monster over there on the left?

I do agree on the over marketing of some of their stuff, but, there's something for everyone I guess...

I like shorter floor toms, and trad or short sizes on toms. I don't like square (14x14, 16x16) floor toms at all since I started playing the 2" shorter floor toms.
I won't buy a square floor tom again, but I know other people love the square size floor tom.

The ballad snare is a great concept to me.
It's something I could easily use in my band.
If they did it right, you should be able to tune it to be a side floor tom, but engage the snares and have a real deep snare sound--hopefully that's what it does, but I haven't played one yet.

Does anyone know which finish/wood that is on the kit with the 'ballad snare'? I haven't figured out how to paste in pictures.

Back