What should I upgrade my cymbals to ?

liammcclory

Hey, so I've got a bit of money to spend on upgrading my cymbals and was wondering what you guys thought! My current cymbal set-up is as follows:

Sabian Pro Sonix 14" Hi-Hats
Sabian Pro Sonix 16" Crash
Paiste PST5 16" Rock Crash
Sabian Pro Sonix 20" Ride
Paiste PST5 14" Mini China

I play in a general rock/indie rock band, just looking for your opinions on what I should get!
I'm thinking of buying used so yeah, what ever you guys think!

Thanks

Develop your taste first (by getting to know the sounds you like and trying out different cymbals); then upgrade your gear accordingly.

Agreed.

Go to a shop, ask if you can try out some cymbals. If you can, bring some of your own cymbals with you to see whether the sounds match (or have a nice contrast).

Also: don't buy any additional cymbals if you don't need 'em! Money can always come in handy in your life, so don't spend it too easily when you happen to have enough of it for the moment.

what ever you guys think!

Given the exceptionally broad nature of this question, do you reckon you're gonna end up more, or less confused when the replies start rolling in?

A better place to start would be to identify what YOU think.....then ask for any specifics.

Develop your taste first (by getting to know the sounds you like and trying out different cymbals); then upgrade your gear accordingly.

If you live to be 150, you're unlikely to ever get better advice than this^^^

As above PFG...go to a store if possible and play everything within your BUDGET. you have to start there.

Back