Vic Firth Nova Sticks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luke, don't bother. This is exactly what I was trying to say a whole page ago. He's just a deluded little man.

Incidentally, it could be considered both or either. With wooden drums they are interchangeable terms.

see, you guys just wanna argue, i didnt say it was used for drums, there actually used for wooden wheels, i just asked if a multi layered steam bend shell would be considered plywood or laminate,

If you made a multi-layered steam bent shell, you could call it a plywood AND a laminate. The name doesn't really matter, thats the point.

Agreed. Now you're just backpedalling because you've realised what a colossal 'tard' you've been.

no im not back peddeling, right from the beginning the point was the difference between cheap drums and expensive ones and you guys turned it into a big argument about the difference between plywood and laminate, again shit on the companies that use those terms to describe their products not me, i only used them to describe the difference between crap like cb and westburry and something high end like pearl masters or dw's maple kits but was trying not to piss off anyone that owned a lower end kit but since i pissed everyone off any i shoulda just said cheap shit like cb, westburry, pacific, export, shoud i keep going, can i piss anyone else of today, like i said nothing but children on this site.

If you made a multi-layered steam bent shell, you could call it a plywood AND a laminate. The name doesn't really matter, thats the point.

exactly, i only use the same terms the companies do to describe their products and i only did this so i didnt piss anyone off that owned a lower end kit buy naming names.

no im not back peddeling, right from the beginning the point was the difference between cheap drums and expensive ones and you guys turned it into a big argument about the difference between plywood and laminate, again shit on the companies that use those terms to describe their products not me, i only used them to describe the difference between crap like cb and westburry and something high end like pearl masters or dw's maple kits but was trying not to piss off anyone that owned a lower end kit but since i pissed everyone off any i shoulda just said cheap shit like cb, westburry, pacific, export, shoud i keep going, can i piss anyone else of today, like i said nothing but children on this site.

And what exactly is the difference that you're talking about? You said that it was the difference between plywood and laminates, hence the ensuing discussion. Since we've already agreed that they are the same thing, what difference are you addressing?

And what exactly is the difference that you're talking about? You said that it was the difference between plywood and laminates, hence the ensuing discussion. Since we've already agreed that they are the same thing, what difference are you addressing?

hf, how many times do i have to explain, the conversation was about if vic firth novas were as good as the american classics and i said if they were they would be the same price, there is a reason they are priced differently, the same reason sabian b8 bronze cymbals are cheaper than sabian b20 bronze cymbals and i should have said westburrys are cheaper than pearl masters, but to not piss off a westburry owner i used the same terms as the companies themselves use "plywood and laminate" and everyone went ballistic like little children arguing about the use of the terms which again i state was not the point of the conversation and which ive tried to point out several time throughout this thread.

hf, how many times do i have to explain, the conversation was about if vic firth novas were as good as the american classics and i said if they were they would be the same price, there is a reason they are priced differently, the same reason sabian b8 bronze cymbals are cheaper than sabian b20 bronze cymbals and i should have said westburrys are cheaper than pearl masters, but to not piss off a westburry owner i used the same terms as the companies themselves use "plywood and laminate" and everyone went ballistic like little children arguing about the use of the terms which again i state was not the point of the conversation and which ive tried to point out several time throughout this thread.

You didn't answer my question, you just repeated that they're different. What is different about the shell construction of a Westbury drum and a Masters? Other than the quality of materials and precision of the workmanship, the construction is probably almost exactly the same. What sets the shells apart in price and quality are those factors. The Masters shells are probably the same construction conceptually, just better executed.

By the way, what do you mean by "hf?" I generally thought that it meant "have fun," but your usage seems inconsistent with that, haha. I'm not savvy enough to keep up with all of these internet text foreshortenings.

You didn't answer my question, you just repeated that they're different. What is different about the shell construction of a Westbury drum and a Masters? Other than the quality of materials and precision of the workmanship, the construction is probably almost exactly the same. What sets the shells apart in price and quality are those factors. The Masters shells are probably the same construction conceptually, just better executed.

again thats not the point, why is it my fault westburry salemen call their drums plywood and slingerland salesmen calls theirs a laminate, call them up and shit on them, not me, i was just trying to be polite to the owners of the lower end kits,

again thats not the point, why is it my fault westburry salemen call their drums plywood and slingerland salesmen calls theirs a laminate, call them up and shit on them, not me, i was just trying to be polite to the owners of the lower end kits,

That is precisely the point! And I used neither the word plywood or laminate in my post. Why on earth would you bring up? I'm trying to talk about the actual issue, which you appear to be trying to step away from. What is the difference in the shell construction of Westbury and Pearl Masters drums? Or Westbury drums and Yamaha Maple Custom Absolutes, as you compared earlier.

That is precisely the point! And I used neither the word plywood or laminate in my post. Why on earth would you bring up? I'm trying to talk about the actual issue, which you appear to be trying to step away from. What is the difference in the shell construction of Westbury and Pearl Masters drums? Or Westbury drums and Yamaha Maple Custom Absolutes, as you compared earlier.

then start another tread dedicated to the construction of entry level drums as apposed to high end kits, this one was about the difference between american classic sticks and the nova sticks before i got tore apart for using the same terms that the drum companies use to describe their products,

then start another tread dedicated to the construction of entry level drums as apposed to high end kits, this one was about the difference between american classic sticks and the nova sticks before i got tore apart for using the same terms that the drum companies use to describe their products,

I hasten to add that you were the one that started that particular line of discussion. I can't see anywhere fitter than here to discuss it. You are shying away from questions because you've been proven wrong countless times in this thread; by myself, by Larry, by Gruntersdad and even by Luke - who is just about the nicest guy on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back