Bands or acts you regret missing before they passed away

Beatles at the Hollywood Bowl. I earned the money for a ticket by going around the whole neighborhood washing cars. Then my mom said something like: "Wouldn't you rather spend that money on a toy or something that you can enjoy for years instead of a concert that's just an hour long?" She convinced me...

AAArrrrgggghhhh!!!

Elvin Jones. One day I saw a notice in The Voice that he was coming to town.

ME: "I'm kinda busy at the moment. I'll catch when he comes around next time."

I am very lucky that I have managed to see many of the bands that folks here wish they had seen. I saw ACDC on the HIghway to Hell tour with Bon Scott, Led Zeppelin at Knebworth, I saw Pink Floyd on the Animals tour at Stafford Bingly Hall (when I was 9) and later I saw the Wall at Earls Court on two separate occasions. I saw Queen at the NEC in Birmingham, the Dead in Greenville, North Carolina, Toto with Jeff in Toronto, and Stevie Ray in Austin.

I went through a stage of being nervous about going to see older musicians as I seemed to catch many on their last tour before they died. I saw Dizzy, Miles, Michael Brecker and Ray Charles shortly before each of them died.

I do wish, however, that I had seen Little Feat before the death of Lowell George, that I could have seen Jimi, Duke Ellington and John Coltrane. I also am haunted by missing Buddy Rich when he played at the Free Trade Hall in Manchester because I missed the bus and decided not to go. I'll catch him next time, I thought . . . . I also never saw Max or Elvin or Tony Williams. I guess the moral is go to see these folks next time they come around and you won't regret it.

Jim Morrison-Doors
Bonzo-zep
Moon-who
Buddy rich
SRV
Nirvana
Joplin
Hendrix
Jones-the ROLLING STONES
Burton-Metallica
Barret-Pink floyd

many more

Led Zeppelin obviously, although I also seriously would have loved to see the legend that is Bob Marley.

Led Zeppelin
Nirvana
Jimi Hendrix
and 2pac, yeah i know it's not really music many drummers like, but I learnt alot from his lyrics and music and would have liked to see him live once.

Add Mitch Mitchell to my list. :-(

Thanks for all you did, MM!

RIP.

Beatles at the Hollywood Bowl. I earned the money for a ticket by going around the whole neighborhood washing cars. Then my mom said something like: "Wouldn't you rather spend that money on a toy or something that you can enjoy for years instead of a concert that's just an hour long?" She convinced me...

AAArrrrgggghhhh!!!

That's possibly the worst parental mistake since mr and mrs hitler decided to neglect their son adolph and make him feel worthless.

There's enough old videos of these guys out now that maybe I shouldn't wonder...

But I would like to have seen the Police when they were slugging it out in the early days in the clubs and on college campuses, it didn't take long for them to jump to arena status, so I would've loved to have been at the Marquee Club in 1977.

There are others, but that's the big one for me.

the only one i really would have liked to see well 2..

stevie ray and pink floyd when they still had the original line up with barret and with waters.

everybody else i really wanted to see i think i pretty much saw at least once.

Back