John Bonham

I would think that it would have champagne sparkle inlay if it is a sparkle finish. They match it up as best they can for instance the amber vistalite kit has gold sparkle inlay on it's hoops. It looks great with the finish. As far as the champagne is concerned I don't see why they couldn't put the champagne finish as the inlay.

a year ago i saw a concert with led zeppelin from copenhagen just before their big breakthrough.. the things he does on those drums is truly amazing..

infernal drummer said:
a year ago i saw a concert with led zeppelin from copenhagen just before their big breakthrough.. the things he does on those drums is truly amazing..

if u have the zep dvd...check out the clips on the first disc of the denmarks radio....alot of the drumming in communication breakdown, babe im gonna leave you, dazed and confused, and how many more times is so sick

yes bonham is god...i am a huge fan of him....but i was just thinking that like....

u no everyone talks about how amazing his right foot was.....but if u think about it....it was mostly jaw dropping a long time ago before all these other techniques where devolped....like i was watching jojo mayers video, and my personal thoughts is his foot is truly amazing ....and is = to bonhams.......

but any how....

i am a huge led zepplin fan and i worship bonham.....so dont get me rong....bonham is still a insain and wonderful drummer

it's nice that we can manage to have an 18 page topic actually discussing bonham rather than arguing over wether he was good or not. and he really deserves it too.
i think bonham helped encourage a lot of visual aspects to rock drumming too. he really swung his hair about during "moby dick" and "we're gonna groove".

ewanlaing said:
he really swung his hair about during "moby dick" and "we're gonna groove".

Everyone swings their hair to we're gonna groove, purely beacause its so damn.......... groovy

Does anyone have any ideas on the percussion and who played what on "Boogie With Stu" from Physical Graffiti? To me it sounds like hand claps, bass drum, tambourine, sticks on sticks (the break at the end of the tune gives a good, clear glimpse).

Thanks.

Anybody Know The Size of John Bonham's Drumsticks?

Hi. Does anyone know the size of john bonham (of led zeppelin) 's drumsticks? i heard that they were 2A 's but those are small. afterall, they were once called trees weren't they?

thank you

i think you got it right. i'm definitely hearing hand claps and sticks. but there is still something else there...

these guys were quite creative and also looking for unique sounds...and there was not ver good synthesized stuff at that time...could be something like a large plate of steel or a biscuit tin or even a large sheet of card hit with a stick and put through some effects...who knows.

j

Re: Anybody Know The Size of John Bonham's Drumsticks?

his sticks were large in his day but by the looks of these pictures they are average by today's standards. probably size 5

john-bonham-df.jpg

JB_1970-02.jpg

although here we see him using much smaller sticks...

JB_eating_japanese_stuff.jpg

Re: Anybody Know The Size of John Bonham's Drumsticks?

Perhaps ask Marcel Vogelmann from www.trommelladen.de. It's THE source for Ludwig drums in Germany, and has many Kits in Bonham-sizes. He sells a copy of the Bonham Stick. It's an new website, on the old you could see the forepart.

I think it's close to a 3S.

NUTHA JASON said:
Ludwig 2A size drumsticks in the late 70's seems to be the concensus across a broad number of websites.
Now when you're saying it... I found it in the google-cache (the old page of the shop), actually it was a Ludwig 2A.

CooManChu said:
Does anyone have any ideas on the percussion and who played what on "Boogie With Stu" from Physical Graffiti? To me it sounds like hand claps, bass drum, tambourine, sticks on sticks (the break at the end of the tune gives a good, clear glimpse).

Thanks.
I was always under the impression that he was slapping the timpani with his fingers and it was run through some kind of sound effect.

Back