New Ludwig Classic Maple Kit! (video)

SgtThump

Platinum Member
Just got these a few days ago. Put Remo Vintage Emperor batters on all the toms, and a SuperKick II on the bass batter and felt strip under the stock Ludwig batter.

I already had the snare, which is a COB Supra with Remo Vintage Emperor on the batter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxinw2wf_-s

It took me a day or two to get them tuned up right, but I'm really happy with the tones right now! Let me know what you think!

Chris

Super cool Chris ! You are also one of the extremely few who have the kick RIGHT IMO with the full head and that cool felt strip.
Have you checked out the Aquarian full head that comes with the felt attached ???

Super cool Chris ! You are also one of the extremely few who have the kick RIGHT IMO with the full head and that cool felt strip.
Have you checked out the Aquarian full head that comes with the felt attached ???

Hey man, thanks! I plan on trying different things with this bass drum, but I'm sure loving the way it sounds right now. The camera I use is a Zoom Q3HD camera and it's known for having KILLER sound quality. But even this camera isn't picking up the extreme lows you feel in the room when hitting this bass drum! Things rattle! LOL I love it!

I have used the Aquarian Regulator reso heads before with the foam ring inside and they are fantastic! I have one on my 14x22 bass drum. :)

Nice tuning and a very pretty kit. You will have a great time playing them!

Thank you! I was first trying to tune them pretty low and they didn't respond that well. Once I started paying more attention, I realized they wanted to be tuned a little higher than I realized. Not high, but just higher than what I tried first.

Now they sing!

Really nice kit and it sounds great. I love the way you have all your cymbals off of 2 stands too!

I have used the Aquarian Regulator reso heads before with the foam ring inside and they are fantastic! I have one on my 14x22 bass drum. :)

These ones I don't think I have seen anybody use.

vtc-k22_2.jpg

MaY I ask what you re using for reso heads on the toms. Those drums sound great.

Really nice kit and it sounds great. I love the way you have all your cymbals off of 2 stands too!

I'm trying to keep things light! I'm using all Yamaha 700 series single braced stands, which are light and convenient IMO.

Nice job Chris!! Sound and look great.

That head in the pic looks like a Modern Vintage maybe? The nice thing about heads with something attached is that it moves with the head.

Have fun with the new kit!!

Incredible sound. Ludwig should use this video to advertise the sound of the Classic Maples!

Incredible sound. Ludwig should use this video to advertise the sound of the Classic Maples!

That's an enormous compliment to the tones! Thank you!

It's a shame I'm just a simple easy player. It would be nice to hear someone with some mad skillz sit behind this thing.

If anyone is in St Louis and a smoking player, drop me an email and let me film you playing 'em! ha ha

Back