Make money online?

Re: make money online

I wish my only problem at 16 was not having double pedals to play Metal. Jeeze.
Remember Grunt, When you're younger smaller problems seem larger than they are. I had to keep reminding myself of that fact as my kids were growing up. Young people tend not to focus on the big picture as much as adults.
A 16 year old will drive so fast on a strait that the car can't possibly make the corner!
I was no different in my thinking when I was young.

Sorry but it just drives me crazy when all of the young drummers think the most important thing about drumming is playing a double pedal. Most of them have no groove, no chops, can't play a double stroke roll. It's just nuts.

Sorry but it just drives me crazy when all of the young drummers think the most important thing about drumming is playing a double pedal. Most of them have no groove, no chops, can't play a double stroke roll. It's just nuts.

That's why I said at that age I would use my money for lessons, books, recordings to learn from, etc. I actually borrowed a friend's set for some rock gigs because my Slingerlands were more of a jazz set. When I actually started playing full time, I had a sudden realization that I needed a bunch of stuff. But at that point, I was mature enough to know exactly what I needed and was earning the money to pay for it.

Jeff

But not this kid... didn't you read? He's the new thomas pridgen or something!
;)

Wow? You're the next Thomas Pridgen? Ok. In that case, I'm the next Karlheinz Stockhausen!

Oh give the lad a break, he is only a baby, and if his parents have not instilled the work ethic into him its not his fault. What it must be to be young and arrogant and believe you are about to take the world by storm. However.....

i am thankful for what i have, its just kind of depresing not to be able to get a decent double bass pedal and cymbals. Im holding back two bands at my school and were suppose to start playing metal stuff. I dont really wanna play stuff without double bass beacuse there is no one at school who wants to play other kinds of music that is good. But ill just wait it out and see what happens.

I think it has been said on other threads, it is not essential to have a double pedal or masses of cymbals to play metal. You can make an awesome sound on one pedal using the floor tom to fill in the gaps. If you are tight and loud and solid you can give the bands what they need. I have heard drummers play a single pedal like gunshots and sounding much more wicked that others who cannot use a double pedal properly. I am sure someone on this forum can give you a list of metal drummers that use a single pedal--study their style and work on that, because it looks as if its going to be a long time before you get the gear you are craving for.

help me win 250 dollars by registering by this link
http://www.FlashiPods4free.com/index.php?ref=84915

Mate.....there are no short cuts. If you want coin, you've gotta earn it. If you really think that by registering to this site, some muppet is just gonna give you - out of the goodness of thier own heart - $250, then you've been had my friend.

Be careful here....if I was feeling unscrupulous today I'd get you to PM me, for the 'deal of the century'. Just send me $100 and I'll turn it into a million for you (remember the Nigerian email scams??...good people actually sent money, guess what....it was lost forever)..........but I actually want to see you get your pedals and cymbals. So I'll refrain from rogue-ish behaviour....many others WILL NOT be so kind. Time for you to open your eyes and keep your wits about you!

Save your cash mate......prisons are full of people who 'just wanted a quick buck'!!!

Last edited:

I'm 18. I've had an offical job for just over a year now washing dishes at the friendlys 7 miles away. I've bought my first truck with this money. i also have mowed grass and helped my dad renovate houses for him. I pay for absloutly everything i use, even the food that i eat. money is the least of my problems, i enjoy working, and as long as i have enough money to get around and drive to my 5ks and such i'm golden, my kit is not in the best shape but i resurfaced the kit myself. i repair my truck by my self, i asked for everything for christmas this year to go to charities because i don't need or want anything. get a job, join boyscouts or something like that to instill you with a few basic morals, the rest you have to develop your self, don't give up, and help people whenever you can. they will help you when you need it

-george

i just found this quote for all of you.
"I found that to really make money, you had to give up music. So I gave up money."
-Mel Lewis

- george

o shiznit i forgot about washing dishes for money its hella easy ima do that now.

Can we see some videos or hear some audio of the next Thomas Pridgen?
Where I come from, if you make a statement, you have to back it up. Otherwise no one believes you and you lose face!

i should be endorsed now ppl dont know it but im like the next thomas pridgen or something

Here's a tip. If you do not wish to alienate yourself from others, do not say things like this. Other people will decide and can comment. It is best for you to be humble and act with grace.

Oh yeah, get a job.

i love double stroke rolls. does youtube allow vids for 10 min?
Yes, 10 mins is the maximum length. Make sure that the vid is under 10 mins before you load it or it will be rejected.

Back