Chrissy Amphlette RIP

I hear that I Touch Myself sold OS but I didn't know the detail

Some good comments in the obit article:

"With her force of character and vocal strength she paved the way for strong, sexy, outspoken women".

"Pop music had trained us to expect that women in rock were kind of like accessories - pretty things in short skirts and winsome smiles," he said. "We didn't really expect to see anyone who came on like a cavewoman. She was such a mighty singer, but she was innately so rock 'n' roll".

Just saw this on the news, a sad day indeed. Chrissy had one of those unique voices and certainly paved the way for generations of "rock chicks".

I didn't know much about her...seems like they were pretty much a one hit wonder group over here with I Touch Myself, but that video was huge. I liked her voice...very unique. I had no idea she had such health problems, sad news.

Damn, I loved her and the DiVinyls. They were one of the bands we'd get import records for, and only the "cool kids" knew about, back when I was running a record store. At least, prior to "I Touch Myself."

I knew she had MS, but I hadn't heard the news that she was fighting cancer.

That sucks. RIP Chrissy.

I just heard I Touch Myself the other day. I liked her vocal style and the sound of the band. I had no idea what was going on with them and wondered what they're doing these days. Sad to read about this and find out the bad news. RIP, Chrissy.

Touch Myself was big enough in the States to earn a spot in one of Al's polka medlies! I sort of recall Boys In Town did something too.

A shame, she was only 53, which is not very old in the entertainment biz.

Bermuda

Last edited:
Back