Led Zeppelin is Rediculous.

You see-I wrote one paragraph on how much I love Zep, and all this^^^^^^is a result of it. Fantastic!

-MA

My favorite Led Zeppelin song would have to be 'How many more times' by far. My favortie section of the song would be...........

Oh, Rosie, oh, girl
Oh, Rosie, oh, girl
Steal away, now, steal away
Steal away, baby, steal away
Little Robert Anthony wants to come and play
A-why don'tcha come with me, baby, steal away
All right, all right

Well, they call me the Hunter, that's my name
Call me the Hunter, that's how I got my fame
Ain't no need to hide, Ain't no need to run
'cause I've got you in the sights of my gun

It is possible to overplay any music, even a great band.

I cringe in embarrassment every time I'm in a coffee shop and they play Led Zeppelin or The Beatles. These bands are played over and over and over and over and over again - it's like Christmas music, except played all year long. For these and a few other reasons, I dislike the Beatles intensely and Led Zeppelin is on its way. Very good bands, very good music, and very very overrated.

Blasphemer!!!!!!
Stay away from the teeny bop era of the Beatles and you are golden....
You dont like Abbey Road? White Album?
Don't let the radio ruin music for you i stopped listening to that devil box years ago.
please dont give up on zep and give the beatles a chance!

Since Ive been loving you. MSG 1973.
GIVES ME CHILLS EVERY TIME
most emotional piece of music i have ever heard

Try the BBC sessions. Really amazing. The best thing I have heard by them I think.

Yes BBC is great but I like "How The West Was Won" also,When LZ was hitting on all cylinders live there was very few if any bands out there at that time that could touch them.

All of the studio albums are great but I prefer "Presence" just on the fact that it's probably the most under-radio played album they made, "Achilles Last Stand" how amazing is that tune and how many times have you heard it on the radio? Catch my drift? or just listen too "Tea for One" for one of the best slow-blues tracks in the Zeppelin library.

Yes they are & always will be my Fav but yes I agree the same tunes are constantly played on the radio it got too the point where every time I started to hear "Stairway" back in the 80's I would change the station immediately LOL but then I didn't. hear it for a long time and today I almost have a new appreciation for the tune how weird is that LOL

I just as with a lot of Zep fans wish Robert Plant would get his head out of his a-- and tour with Jimmy,John-Paul & Jason one last time they don't. have too be like the Stones and tour every 2 years just one final hoo-hah. I know RP don't. want too go back too yesterday(Led-Zeppelin) but he wouldn't. have today(Allison Krauss,solo career) if it wasn't. for yesterday.

I was too young to see them in their hayday but i've seen everything else....The Firm,John Paul Jones solo,Jimmy Page solo,Robert Plant solo,Page & Plant,Coverdale & Page, & Jimmy Page w/the Black Crows. Give us one last tour so the average,hardworking LZ fan can see them live. Thanks for letting me vent LOL

Bonzolead

Too funny!. I was around that age when I realized how great Zeppelin is. I am 42 now. Yeah, their hit songs were great, but most people who don't know their deep cuts, the ones that arent on the radio,think of Zeppelin as nothing more than those mainstream tunes. I remember the day I heard Physical Graffitti. I was absolutely blown away. I could not beleive the incredible magic I was hearing. Most songs take a couples listens for me. After the tune "Ten Year's Gone" was over- check that- BEFORE it ended, it was my alltime favorite song, and still is.....

Led Zeppelin is a cut above everybody else by a mile. It is the greatest badn in the world and has crossed multiple generations attracting new fans every minute of evey day. Welcome to the club, my friend.

They are such an amazing band. I just bought drum sheet music for their 4th album. It is so cool.

PHYSICAL GRAFFITI. GET IT NOW

My favorite album! I could not see how the critics generally panned it when it came out. I had the same feeling with Led Zep III.

I have been a fan since I first heard their first album when I was 9 back in '69. I have bought their music on LP, 8 track, cassette and CD. I search out and read all that I can about this band. I just finished reading Welch and Nichols' book about Bonham. Nice read, but not overly insightful or critical.

GJS

Led Zeppelin remains in nowadays, strong as ever.

Attachments

• Led_Zeppelin_rock_group_Paris.jpg
    Led_Zeppelin_rock_group_Paris.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 157
  • led_zeppelin-1969.jpg
    led_zeppelin-1969.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 133
Too bad they ripped off many of their early hits from lesser known blues artists:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/video/26428/led_zeppelin_rip_off_artists_.html?cat=33
then you should do yourk homework again, thanks to the british bands like rolling stones, them, zeppelin, yarbirds et all, the blues became something more than just afroamerican music in a time when that was marginalising. you could even say they stood in front of the civilrights movement just by playing blues oldies.Even if that was not their purpose. And they put the spot on the artists they borrowed from or covered.

Too bad they ripped off many of their early hits from lesser known blues artists:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/video/26428/led_zeppelin_rip_off_artists_.html?cat=33

The Joan Baez and Spirit comparisons are just not even close, and the Dazed and Confused comparison is laughable at best. Led Zeppelin evolved from The Yardbirds, which the maker of that video fails to disclose. Dazed and Confused as well as Train Kept a Rollin were both carryovers from the Yardbirds to Led Zeppelin. The other plagiarism allegations involving Dixon and other early blues artists are addressed pretty well in the last paragraph here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Led_Zeppelin

They were lyrical and not musical copies, which is questionable, but the claim that they "ripped off" their early hits is not true.

then you should do yourk homework again, thanks to the british bands like rolling stones, them, zeppelin, yarbirds et all, the blues became something more than just afroamerican music in a time when that was marginalising. you could even say they stood in front of the civilrights movement just by playing blues oldies.Even if that was not their purpose. And they put the spot on the artists they borrowed from or covered.

Yeah they put the spotlight on blues musicians but they kept the money, fame and adulation.

I grew up on Zep, idloizing them to the point of thinking they were something more than mere mortals. It really bothered me when I found out that they had to pay out of court settlements to Wille Dixon. If that isnt an admission of plaigarism then what is?

Yeah they put the spotlight on blues musicians but they kept the money, fame and adulation.

I grew up on Zep, idloizing them to the point of thinking they were something more than mere mortals. It really bothered me when I found out that they had to pay out of court settlements to Wille Dixon. If that isnt an admission of plaigarism then what is?

They only paid one settlement to Dixon, I thought. Because Plant copped the lyrics from his single "You Need Love" into "Whole Lotta Love" without acknowledging Dixon or paying him royalties. But the music of those two songs was very much different, so you cannot call it direct plagiarism. Here is a pretty objective take on the whole allegation of Zep's supposed plagiarism, with an excellent compilation of their true Blues influences at the bottom:

http://www.turnmeondeadman.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=19&Itemid=28

I agree with this guy's opinion on the matter. Page himself was an artist who dwelled in the outer stratosphere when compared to most rock writers/composers/producers. He was an artistic genius and he nor that band deserves to be slammed for being cheap thieves who deliberately ripped off some lowly Delta and Chicago Blues artists for profit. Copping blues standards was SOP in Britain during the 1960s - look at the Rolling Stones, John Mayall, Eric Clapton, etc. Plus, Zeps style of lulling you to sleep with light acoustical intros which up and kick you between the legs when they launch into guitar and matched bass riffs was more reminiscent of classical music than it was of any Willie Dixon or Sonny Boy Williamson 12 Bar Blues standard. It was also copied by most every famous rock act since, especially Aerosmith, Boston, and Heart. Everything in music gets copied, if you really look at it.

Last edited:
Page himself was an artist who dwelled in the outer stratosphere when compared to most rock writers/composers/producers. He was an artistic genius and he nor that band deserves to be slammed for being cheap thieves who deliberately ripped off some lowly Delta and Chicago Blues artists for profit. Copping blues standards was SOP in Britain during the 1960s - look at the Rolling Stones, John Mayall, Eric Clapton, etc. Plus, Zeps style of lulling you to sleep with light acoustical intros which up and kick you between the legs when they launch into guitar and matched bass riffs was more reminiscent of classical music than it was of any Willie Dixon or Sonny Boy Williamson 12 Bar Blues standard. It was also copied by most every famous rock act since, especially Aerosmith, Boston, and Heart. Everything in music gets copied, if you really look at it.

Works for me doctor.....well said.

Back