Is there any way to visually tell if the hihat footboard spins?

Well, I'd make 100% sure before buying it. Have you Googled the stand to see if there are any comments or reviews out there? It's hard to imagine that not one Drummerworld member has one, but there must be some info from a user somewhere on the web.

If you can't find anything, and don't mind waiting until the 23rd, I will check it out the first day at NAMM and find out for sure.

Bermuda

Well I just got a job and my first paycheck probably won't arrive until February so I can't afford it until then. So if you could check it out and post a impression reply here that would be very nice! Thanks!

Ok, it's on my "do" list!

Crap. It does not rotate. I just got a response from Gibraltar saying:" The footboard does not rotate, but the leg brace system does to allow for a double pedal." And honestly, I don't understand how a "leg brace" system (Whats that?) can allow a slave pedal to fit. It is still has three legs and I've already tried once with a double pedal on my tri-legged stand and that is a tight fit. Now I'm disappointed. Crap.

The tripod (leg system) has a wingnut at the top and a drum key bolt at the bottom. If you loosen both, the tripod will rotate. If you are right footed, rotate it counter-clockwise, clockwise if you are a lefty. This will allow you to place your kick pedal and hi-hat pedal right next to each other without the legs being in the way. This stand will do what you want.

Crap. It does not rotate. I just got a response from Gibraltar saying:" The footboard does not rotate, but the leg brace system does to allow for a double pedal." And honestly, I don't understand how a "leg brace" system (Whats that?) can allow a slave pedal to fit. It is still has three legs and I've already tried once with a double pedal on my tri-legged stand and that is a tight fit. Now I'm disappointed. Crap.

Pretty clear to me.

Why would anyone want the foot board to rotate? Foot board is fixed, the legs (leg system) is what needs to move.

The 'leg brace system' is the legs, and they're saying they rotate "...can allow a slave pedal to fit". What's confusing is in reality if the legs (system) stays in one place, the foot board will rotate. Foot board is seen as fixed in the set up tho, they say "leg brace system (can rotate) allow a slave pedal to fit."

Again, others have pointed out the the locking screw for the rotating legs and GIBRALTAR wouldn't put a plastic bushing where there wasn't movement, that's a dead giveaway.

Some older rotating TAMA designs have no plastic bushing and the legs rotate, but those designs are 20+ years old and are the earliest (if not the first).

Attachments

• movement.jpg
    movement.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Okay, it's official - the legs do rotate, even though the description suggests they don't! I loosened the drum key set screw in question, and voila, the legs moved!

Go get it!

Bermuda

Back