Please identify this tune

Matt

Can someone please tell me what this tune is? I work in an automobile factory, and for 10 hours a day (or night) I hear this song over and over and over. It's our "andon" music, which plays automatically as an alert system for various issues while we assemble engines, and it basically never stops as long as the production line is moving. Other production lines in the factory play more familiar tunes, such as "Row Row Row Your Boat" or "The Entertainer" for 10 hours, but the attached mp3 is our tune. The sound is kind of like what you would expect from an ice cream truck. Back when our factory was still running very slowly and I had less responsibilities, I had enough downtime between engines to transcribe the song, and I wrote it out in Finale. It's almost exactly like the attached file, with a few slight changes at the end to make it sound more "final." I would love to tell everyone at work what this song actually is that we hear thousands and thousands of times. Thanks!

Attachments

• Andon Music for Engine Dress.mp3
    286.5 KB · Views: 168
Beastie Boys "Girls" popped into my head at first but...I don't know what the tune is. I would sue that factory for inflicting cruel and unusual punishment if I had to listen to that all day long! I'd also have to go home and beat some drums after a shift! Maybe the company could pay for your drums as therapy?

Chris - Thanks, but I don't think music recognition software is going to help. That type of stuff usually is not effective for identifying tunes that are not "real" recordings of popular songs, especially when there are also no known lyrics.

Shambo - I had to look up the Beastie Boys song on YouTube - that's pretty funny! Yeah I can definitely hear how it starts out like that. And yes, sometimes you do wonder what some of these people are thinking when they make us listen to this all day long every day at work. That could be one thing on a long list of crazy things that are hard to understand, I guess. Oh well, after a long time it doesn't bother you too badly anymore.

I still don't know what this tune is; hopefully one day soon I'll figure it out.

Back