My 'dubs

Brundlefly

Hey, I'm new here. A refugee from the Drums.com forum. I've been watching videos on DW for a while but never really knew that there was such a great forum lurking in the background. Seems like a pretty mature vibe here so far and tons of great info.

Anyway, figured I'd kick off with a post on my kit. It's a Maple X-Shell/VLT hybrid in exotic Mapa Burl with a lacquer Burst that I specced out in PhotoShop. Sizes are 8, 8, 10 , 12, 13, 14, 16, 18 & 20. All in standard depths except for the "little" 8, which is 5" deep. The matching snare is a 5x14 solid shell Maple. The second snare is a 5.5x13 solid bronze. The three octo's are part of a custom set I had whipped up by Fibes a while back.

Btw, I set the kit up like this for about a week or so before I decided that I really hate this layout and have changed it dramatically since. It has some merit, but having half your toms over the hats just blows rocks, IMO.

chiliBurst_Kit_front.jpg

chiliBurstKit_frontRight.jpg

chiliBurstKit_driverLeft.jpg

chiliBurstKit_top.jpg

1.The finish leaves me speechless... it is absolutely stunning.

2.How do those overlapped rides sound?

3. Are those lil hats 10"s?

4.Great cymbals.. I like the fact that you don't have a misplaced sense of loyalty to 1 cymbal company and seem to have chosen what your ears liked..

5. Nice sneakers.

I agree, absolutely stunning finish. Welcome to the forums by the way.

Great cymbal selection too, nice to see a lot of brand mixing. Looks like you have a very personalised setup. Cymbal specs?

*FROTHS AT MOUTH*

Yeah. Stunning.
Welcome.
Your kit is amazing. Whats the new set-up look like??

Ok...uhmmm....WOW!!!

However,....I don't spot an 18? or , is your kick a 20??

1.The finish leaves me speechless... it is absolutely stunning.

2.How do those overlapped rides sound?

3. Are those lil hats 10"s?

4.Great cymbals.. I like the fact that you don't have a misplaced sense of loyalty to 1 cymbal company and seem to have chosen what your ears liked..

5. Nice sneakers.

Hehe..., and thank you. I guess I could have PhotoShopped out my shoes, but they do add to the authenticity of the shot.

The overlapped rides are actually a 20" Mark II over a 22" Traditional Swish. They are just far apart enough that I can play each individually or crash the ride and get both.

Yes, the 'lil hats are 10. True to form, they are a Paiste Bell over a Sabian Mini-Fusion bottom. They have awesome projection for their size and don't sound like your typical "miniaturized hi-hats." The overtones are clean.

Ok...uhmmm....WOW!!!

However,....I don't spot an 18? or , is your kick a 20??

Oh, crap! You got me there. My previous kit had a 20" bass so I'm just used to that number. So, the correction goes: The 18" floor is mounted "Gong Drum" style over the floors. The "20" in my list of sizes actually refers to my 22x16 bass drum.

Thanks for pointing that out!

Oh, crap! You got me there. My previous kit had a 20" bass so I'm just used to that number. So, the correction goes: The 18" floor is mounted "Gong Drum" style over the floors. The "20" in my list of sizes actually refers to my 22x16 bass drum.

Thanks for pointing that out!

Thanks for clarifying?!? Holy crap, I wish I had that kind of dough to throw at a kit!! JEEEZ OH MAN!!

What are your depths?!

Great cymbal selection too, nice to see a lot of brand mixing. Looks like you have a very personalised setup. Cymbal specs?

Cymbal specs have changed a bit since these shots, with a bit more of a slant toward Paiste in lieu of the new Reflector Full stuff they recently released.

And yes, I pretty much dispensed with brand allegiance as most people know it. When you have as many pies as I like to have, you really need each one to be as useful and flavorful as possible because space is at a premium. I think the whole point of having a big kit is to have as many useful sounds at your disposal as possible, rather than simply collecting everything from manufacturer X.

Enough rambling. The cymbals in these shots are:

Chinas: 22" Wuhan (left), 22" Paiste Traditional Swish (right, between both rides)

Hats: 13" Sabian AAX Fusion (left), 10" Paiste bell over 10" Sabian Mini-Fusion bottom (right).

Rides: 22" Sabian AAX Metal Ride, 20" Paiste Dark Energy MK II

Splashes: (left to right) Sabian 8" and 10" AAX, Paiste 11" Traditional, Zildjian 10" A Custom

Crashes: (left to right) 19" Paiste Dark Energy MK I, Zildjian 16" A Custom medium and 18" A light, Sabian 19" Vault.

Not shown: Sabian Radia cup chimes in sizes 5" - 10"

Absolutely stunning ! Beautiful, wonderful, amazing, awesome... Name it !

I dig everything. PERIOD !

Welcome on DWF, Have fun & enjoy your stay.

*FROTHS AT MOUTH*

Yeah. Stunning.
Welcome.
Your kit is amazing. Whats the new set-up look like??

Thank you. Really, thanks to everyone or their kind comments (and corrections). I don't yet have any newer shots. But the new set up attempts to cram as many toms up front as possible and I have it all miked up and running through a Tascam board. I'll take some snaps soon as I get the new cymbals integrated.

That's one of the nicest kits I've ever seen, and I like your drum room with the acoustic foam. I find setups more ergonomic when cymbals are positioned high and at steeper angles, your kit looks very comfortable.

Damn what a bee-you-tee-full drumset. Great photography too. And your handle made me chuckle. Just gorgeous. A better color to highlight the mapa burl I have not seen.

i wouldnt know what to do with all that ahaha

Back