Jason Bonham

Naigewron

Platinum Member
I couldn't find a thread about Jason Bonham here anywhere, so I'd say it's high time one was created.

Jason is the son of the late great John Bonham, and has played with bands such as Foreigner, UFO and the reunion version of Led Zeppelin.

There's a great video of him paying tribute to his father by playing with and against an old live recording here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP-ZjbrNLWU

jason_bonham-1.jpg

Discuss :)

Thats a great tribute and proves genes has alot to do with it.. There will never be another Bonzo though.

I think Jason's look has changed more than any person I have ever seen. I remember when this song came out. I thought it was the cats ass.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mciP59WSnNw

I've been a fan since his 1989 "The Disregard Of Timekeeping" and 1992 "Mad Hatter" albums.

Good point, that you brought Jason up to surface. I always listen to his drumming performance on "Moby Dick" in dual with Tico Torres on Stairway To Heaven/Highway To Hell, in where bands like (Motley Crue, Skid Row, Bon Jovi, Gorky Park, Scorpions, Ozzy Osbourne) played live in Russia, long time ago.

John and Jason Bonham, father and son.

Attachments

• John with Jason Bonham.jpg
    John with Jason Bonham.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 7,389
I saw Jas with Paul Rogers years ago, he was absolutely awesome. He was the inspiration for my choice of colour & finish for my DW I was ordering, emerald green satin oil c/w brass hardware... still looks great! Cheers Jas!!

Jason and Vistalite! Best combo since his dad and Vistalite.

When I was a teen I had "Wait for You" on a CD single. It was fun trying to follow along to his turn arounds.

He's a good drummer, but people inevitable want to compare him to his dad, which must be difficult to deal with at times.

But really, the biggest difference (outside of John was 1st) is Jason never found anyone to be his own Robert, Jimmy and John to be his Zepplin to build a career around.

Yep. Jason's Led Zeppelin II, is the dream that never comes true.

So Jason is working on something new!!
From Led-Zeppelin.org

Led Zeppelin might not be hitting the road anytime soon but Jason Bonham, the 43-year-old son of the band's late drummer John Bonham, is in the early stages of planning a multimedia tour that would celebrate the legacy and music of the group in a similar spirit as current road shows "Experience Hendrix" and "Rain, A Tribute To The Beatles."

Bonham has apparently been rounding up possible collaborators for the show, which will tell the band's story through archive footage and live performances.

He's planning on calling it "Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience," and plans to play 30 shows in North America sometime this year to commemorate the 30th anniversary of John Bonham's passing.

According to a press release, "Multiple set changes take you through Zeppelin's meteoric climb as you are transported to Madison Square Garden in 1973, Earl's Court Arena in 1975, The Knebworth Festival in 1979 and closing with the O2 arena show where Jason joined the band for their final farewell performance."

This wouldn't be the first time Bonham has paid tribute to Led Zeppelin, whose surviving members he has frequently sat in with. In 1997, he released an album of covers with the Jason Bonham Band called In The Name Of My Father - The Zep Set.

The drummer was most recently involved with guitarist Joe Bonamassa's supergroup Black Country but according to producer Kevin Shirley's Facebook page it appears that project has temporarily been put on hold.

Read more: http://www.led-zeppelin.org/news/index.php?m=2010news#043010a

I think this is exciting, if we can't have the real deal, I will take one that is close enough!

But really, the biggest difference (outside of John was 1st) is Jason never found anyone to be his own Robert, Jimmy and John to be his Zepplin to build a career around.

I would totally agree. Right from year four, you're expected to amaze the world. How do you deal with that AND find four other ones who will amaze?

Does anyone know details on his equipment now?

G'day my drummer mates from all over the world especially my fellow "aussies/ozzies" &those from near Cowes Victoria.Does anyone know 100% what model Rimshot drumsticks Jason endorsed BEFORE he went to Zildjian&what his non-vistalite Ludwig kits(model/series/colour/sizes) he played/used BEFORE he went to DW?.
Ta mates! :).
P.S.Is Rimshot drumsticks still being made?.

class guy also, I've listened to interviews with him, and he always sounds like he's having fun, and has a sense of humor, about him.

I couldn't find a thread about Jason Bonham here anywhere, so I'd say it's high time one was created.

Jason is the son of the late great John Bonham, and has played with bands such as Foreigner, UFO and the reunion version of Led Zeppelin.

There's a great video of him paying tribute to his father by playing with and against an old live recording here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP-ZjbrNLWU

jason_bonham-1.jpg

Discuss :)

I was wondering why he had a TV near him, and then I realized he was trying to keep in time with dad on video. Aweseome!

Seems very talented, I've never quite understood why Zep didn't reform for an album with him.

I've got a DVD of the Zep reunion at the 02 Arena London in 2007.

I wondered how Jason would play, not having heard a lot of him before.

Anyway, his playing was fantastic - a credit to his father and himself.

Great backing vocals as well....

Back