Arrghhh....damaged ankles and no drumming.

SnareBass

This is not fair!

Thanks to an ongoing medical problem, I have weak ankles and a weak cruciate ligament in my left knee. Normally this isn't an issue as I'm careful not to exert it too much.

However I've been VERY busy and so I've been on my feet a lot. A couple of days ago I was walking back from band practice along Northumberland Street (Newcastle's main street) when I walked over a drain cover (one of those grid-type ones). My ankle completely gave way and I ended up in pain on the floor.

I went to the doctors and they said I'd damaged my ankle ligaments pretty badly as well as knocking my knee. I've been told I'd have to wait until April for any surgical work because it's 'non-urgent'. It's screwed my band schedule up too.

This is not fair at all.

I'm very sorry to learn of this. I hope you recover quickly.

As for playing, this may be a good opportunity to learn the timbales. ;-)

And put the pad to work.

Get well soon.

Train a small monkey to operate your pedals.

The show must go on!

Lol if rick allen can play with out an arm im sure you could work something out haha

Sorry to read of your problem don't lose heart I felt the same once. In 1996 I busted my right ankle into fragments following my Honda 1000 through a ditch. As a result its got very limited flexion - less than half what my normal left ankle can do. Thought I'd never play the Immigrant Song again! But I adapted in the end - now I play heel up all the time, at the mid point of the pedal so less movement needed. Took a lot of time (couple of years actually) to redevelop my technique but now can play single as well as ever, although not as powerfully. Mic'ing usually sorts that out! Double is harder - I guess I should mangle the left ankle to balance up!

Yours in encouragement

Richard

So sorry to hear of that...take care, work on getting it better and find a way to somehow strengthen it...I have nerve damage in both feet and after walking around all day it can be a chore to get on the pedals at times but I work through it...I hope you can as well.

Take care!

Back