make of drumkit? Tama/Pork Pie
make of cymbal? Sabian, Wuhan
where do you practice? My home studio
are you in a band/s? Yes
covers or originals? Original
what style of music? Progressive Rock
favourite take out food? In-N-Out
country? US
one really odd fact about yourself? I have a small nub on my back from having a biopsy on a mole hahahahah
how did you start drumming? Well I dreamed of it since 2nd grade and had a neeto Remo practice pad but growing up my parents didnt have the money, and when I started working at 16 they didnt want me having one cuz of noise so I took up guitar and have been playing for almost 10 years. Then I bought my first house a few years ago and finally had the space and was ever so fortunate to come up on a prestine Tama Imperial star full kit from a buddy, the rest is history :)

Re: Introduce Yourself

age? 33
how long been playing? 25 years
origin of user name? My Aztec name, after the last emperor of the empire
top 5 drummers? Tito Puente, Eric Carr, Nicko McBrain, Billy Cobham and Mamady Keita
make of drumkit? Yamaha with a Pearl snare
make of cymbal? Paiste
where do you practice? Home
are you in a band/s? As pure musicians call them, a "mercenary."
covers or originals? Whatever offers a paycheck
what style of music? All
favourite take out food? Ma & Pa burger stands
country? US
one really odd fact about yourself? Married and like it
how did you start drumming? I don't know. I grew up in a musical family and always loved rhythmic songs.

How long been playing? I've played a lot between 14 and 20, then stopped for stupid reasons, and then started again at 38.
Origin of user name? unable to find something else.
Top 5 drummers? Bill Bruford, Phil Collins, Steve Gadd, David Garibaldi, Neil Peart
Make of drumkit? Roland
Make of cymbal?
Where do you practice? basement
Are you in a band/s? yep
Covers or originals? both
What style of music?rock
Favourite take out food? Sushis
Country? Canada
One really odd fact about yourself? Almost any drum solo will bore me.
How did you start drumming? Well, I was 14, and some friends of mine in a band needed a drummer. That's how I started again at 38 actually.

How long been playing? 13 years
Origin of user name? what can i say... i love big league chew
Top 5 drummers? Depends on where i am trying to find influence, (changes everyday)
Make of drumkit? Pearl session, dw pedals and hardware
Make of cymbal? Zildjian
Where do you practice? rehearsal space downtown
Are you in a band/s? yes
Covers or originals? originals
What style of music? alternative, rock
Favourite take out food? depends on mood
Country? USA
One really odd fact about yourself? is it weird that it feels good?
How did you start drumming? picking up sticks...and hitting a drum, but seriously, junior high symphonic band.

How long been playing: Almost 10 years
Origin of user name: origin is real name. :)
Top 5 drummers: Buddy Rich, Dave Weckl, Adam Shendal, Steve Gadd, Neil Peart
Make of drumkit: Tama, Yamaha, Pearl
Make of cymbal: Zildjian and Sabian
Where do you practice: My room, school, church...Anywhere I possibly can.
Are you in a band/s: Not now, but eventually.
Covers or originals: Hopefully in the future
What style of music: Everything, I love it all and love to play it all, but if I had a preference, I would say contemporary rock.
Favourite take out food: Pizza of course
One really odd fact about yourself: Ummmm...I have a strong obsession with cow bells!
How did you start drumming: Well...music has always been apart of me, I moved from piano, to bass, then finally on to drums, where I have seemed to stay so far. I learned drums from a close family friend named Adam Shendal http://stevenleegroup.com/aboutslg_adam.htm

I swear Adam was born with drum sticks in his hand. It's kinda cool because he grew up with Buddy Rich, when I go into his house I see all the pictures of Buddy and him, truly inspiring. I think of Adam Shendal to be my own personal Buddy Rich. So anyways, one day, I told Adam I was interested in playing, we met one night and talked about it all. I was told that I picked up the drums quick, and that I have a natural time, hopefully that's true. :p

So I'm still practicing, always trying to get better. I plan a career in music, so I figure I better get ahead of the game.

real name? Agustin Moran (ian is the drummer)
age? 46 (Ian is 17)
how long been playing? Don't, son does. Answers would be his.
origin of user name? DUH!
top 5 drummers? Krupa, Rich, Starr, Bonzo, Mooney.......
make of drumkit? Yamaha, Slingerland, Yamaha DTX
make of cymbal? Ziljian
where do you practice? Garage
are you in a band/s? Only School
covers or originals? Covers
what style of music? School-Jazz, Big Band. Personal-PROGRESSIVE
favourite take out food? Hamburgers with BACON
country? USA
one really odd fact about yourself? He's just plain ODD!
how did you start drumming? Afterschool percussion class in the 4th grade. Mostly bongos.

new guy here

hey whats up everyone my name is tyler I have played the drums for about 2 years,, im in a metal band based out of Langley BC, we just got a bass player and were donna start doing show soon, I cant wait,,..
My Kit is a Tama Rockstar - gun metallic finish - I have sabian cymbals and Ill get some pics up soon

Re: new guy here

Welcome to the forums!

How long been playing: 10 years
origin of user name : nick name from people
top five drummers: gene kruppa, buddy rich, ginger baker, steve gadd
make of drums :pearl Export Series EXR Strata Red
make of cymbals: Zildjian
where you practice: basement
are you in a band: no
covers or originals: originals
what style of music: classic rock
gavourite take out food: pizza
country? Canada
one really odd fact about you: starting after 30 year absence
how did you start drumming: born as a drummer

real name? -> Jean-Philippe
age? -> 17
how long been playing? -> 3 years
origin of user name? -> I was listen to Slipknot, but now, I stop to do that, I can bear them !
top 5 drummers? -> David Silveria, Abe Cunnigham, John Tempesta, Raymond Herrera and Mike Portnoy
make of drumkit? -> Pearl EX Export
make of cymbal? -> Paiste 302+ :s (but I will change)
where do you practice? -> In my room but I will play in my cave
are you in a band/s? -> No ...
covers or originals?
what style of music? -> Rock, metal
favourite take out food? -> Pizza
country? -> France
one really odd fact about yourself?
how did you start drumming? -> When my father leave the army, we have had a house where I can playing, because, before that we were in appartement. But I want to play drums since I have 5 years old! You see that I have wait a long time...

Last edited:

real name? -> Colin Cramer
age? -> 15
how long been playing? ->1 and a half years
origin of user name? -> i just wanted to pick an original yet creative name to use
top 5 drummers? -> Buddy Rich, Joey Jordison, Jordan Mancino, Gene Kruppa, Thomas Lang
make of drumkit? -> CB Drums
make of cymbal? -> Zildjian
where do you practice? -> I practice in my room and at my church
are you in a band/s? -> i m in my youth band and my friend and i r trying to start up a band
covers or originals?
what style of music? -> Hard Rock, Alternative, Metal, Jazz
favourite take out food? -> Pizza
country? -> Germany
one really odd fact about yourself?
how did you start drumming? -> Well a few years ago i watched this one guy playing on a set at the local music store then on other occasions i would watch my friend play his guitar and i was always like i wish i could play some kind of instrument. So i went over to that store and i trird playing and even though i was not good at it (like at all) i really enjoyed it.

real name? Benjamin Fabert
age? 23
how long been playing? about 11 years
origin of user name? combination of my initals (B.M.F.) plus my highschool nickname ("fabes")
top 5 drummers? mike portnoy, carter beauford, neil peart, steve gadd, manu katche
make of drumkit(s)? 2001 6pc mapex pro m, 1999 5pc yamaha stage custom advantage (fusion sizes), 1998 5pc yamaha stage custom (standard sizes)
make of cymbals? 6 wuhans, 6 zildjians, 1 paiste, and 2 sabians (all drum sets)
where do you practice? my basement studio
are you in a band/s? 3
covers or originals? my main band is mostly originals
what style of music? a heavily influenced jazz
favourite take out food? chinese, subway, KFC
country? united states
one really odd fact about yourself? I like taking pictures of flowers. I swear its not gay.
how did you start drumming? I would have started when I was 9 when I told my mom I wanted to. she thought all boys wanted to play drums for no reason so she sent me to piano lessons and clarinet lessons. not till I after a year of playing drums at church, self-taught, did she start paying for drum lessons at age 14.
how I got my start was... one day after church, I was goofing around on the drums in the back room. the youth pastor heard me playing and told me that I was going to play that sunday. I've been playing every sunday since...
so i'm 4 years behind where my ability could be but i think im catchin' up! my mom still apologizes to me once in a while.

Last edited:
Re: new guy here

Hey! Welcome!
Since you're relatively close to Seattle ... hope you'll plan to get down here in May for Woodstick!!

real name - Rolf Michael Pilve
age - 18
how long been playing - eight years
top 5 drummers - Virgil Donati, Horacio "el negro" Hernandez, Marco Minnemann, Kai Hahto, Jojo Mayer
make of drumkit - Kumu drums
make of cymbal - Sabian
where do you practice - At practise studio
are you in a band/s - Sightless & Dreamtale
covers or originals - Originals
what style of music - Sightless: Death/black metal, Dreamtale: Power metal
favourite take out food - Pizza
country - Finland
how did you start drumming - by banging plastic bottles and buckets. Then finally my parents bought me the first real drumkit.

New to the forum!

Hi everyone,

My name is Cam Stephens and I am new to this forum. Up until now I have been a member of the Sabian Zone forum but find that it is incredibly dull up there and that is why I am now here. I will be sure to post some pics of my kit soon but in the meantime let me know whats cool on this forum!

Peace,
Cam

Re: New to the forum!

well camfirst of all i would like to say welcome, i like the pro vid thingys and the grooves section is cool. these are great forums!

Real name? Frazer Boyle
Age? 16
How long been playing? Started when I was 5 but i stopped 2 years later, I picked the sticks bac up 4 years ago.
Origin of user name? My nickname
Top 5 drummers? Well this is influenced by my dad mostly, Cozy Powell, Kieth Moon, Ian Paice, Chad Smith, Travis Barker
Make of drumkit? Performance Percussion, but hopefully getting a new one this week.
Make of cymbal? Zildjian
Where do you practice? My Bedroom, at school, my mates garage
Are you in a band/s? School Band and starting one with my mate just now
Covers or originals? I love it when a band makes a cover sound completely different but always originals
What style of music? Alt and Classic Rock with some hip-hop thrown in.
Favourite take out food? Indian Take-away
Country? Scotland all the way
One really odd fact about yourself? I have flat feet
How did you start drumming? My dad got me into it

Hope you found a lot out about me from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back