Football v American Football

Point Taken Bobdadruma.

Like wise, there has been input into our country for the introdution of AF, it has been taken up by certain sectors of the public, but our national sport is football, for which many a surpporter is passionate, sometimes to the point of ridiculous.

The only thing i would say about football, is it is not just euro football, but world football, where all of south America, Africa, europe, united kingdom. Russia, Bulgon States, middle east countries, Asia, all play the game, where the world cup, really is all countys around the world united in one compertition for the world cup.

This time being held in South Affrica 2010..
Some of our American sports fans are also ridiculous. This is a phenomenon that has seemed to grow more and more since I was a kid. These fans for the most part color our sporting events. They paint their faces and bodies. They go shirtless in low temp weather, etc. We have these crazy fans too. We don't, (surprisingly enough) have a problem with violence at our games. There are exceptions though. We have had a few fan celebration riots that have resulted in a few deaths. The thing that amazes me is that the fans from opposing teams can sit together in the stands during a game with almost no confrontations. America is known for violence throughout the world but sporting events seem to bring us together for the most part. We seem to have a respect for each other at these events. We will give each other the finger and cut each other off with our cars to get to the stadium. But once the game starts, we tolerate each other.
We also, being a melting pot nation, have many citizens that do watch sporting events from around the world. We tolerate that also.

The only cup I'm interested in seeing teams compete for is Lord Stanley's, otherwise, who cares.

Now there's some wise words. In some ways hockey is like soccer, only it's tougher, faster and more difficult. And the players don't dive and fake injuries all the time.

Again.

I know little about AF, as mentioned in posts before, again, i started this thread, as i new it would be contrvesall, i write the contravesall posts, as i know it stirs up a hornets nest, as proven.

But if you are going to use a quote, use the whole quote as stated, and not the portion you want to use, to make yourself look good.

We can all take certain words from a speach and use them for our own benifit, to look good, but it all depends on the sort of person you are, and how low you want to go to make your self look clever.

Wow. You're not still bitter about the Hand of God are you? lol I think you need an instigator penalty. Or maybe just dive and get a yellow card.

And what the F is "contrvesall" ?

And the players don't dive and fake injuries all the time.

You are quite correct my friend.........you cannot fake injuries delivered by 147 punches to the head. I'm still hoping that one day when I'm watching the "fights", I may get to see some hockey played.......lol.

contravesall......controversial
speach.......speech

A dictionary is in order!!

Now there's some wise words. In some ways hockey is like soccer, only it's tougher, faster and more difficult. And the players don't dive and fake injuries all the time.

Wow. You're not still bitter about the Hand of God are you? lol I think you need an instigator penalty. Or maybe just dive and get a yellow card.

And what the F is "contrvesall" ?

I remember so so clearly, that moment Maradonna, hand balled the ball into the back of the net, going banannas round a friends hand, is not a good thing.

And how on earth does he have the front to say it was the hand of God..

It is liking carrying out a really bad crime, aqgainst a nation and saying that God made you do it.

Come to think of it, have i not heard that before just recently. daja vos.

And yes i cannot spell, i am a really bad speller, dictionarys are no good to me, as if i do not know how to spell the word in the 1st place, i dont know what i am looking for.
LOL, LOL..

But still life, life goes on

I also hate, divers in football, fakers. Most football fans hate it, and will let the players know it but they still carry on. Mainly the europeans which do that, not the players from Britian..

I'll second the FAKING INJURY in soccer....I can't stand that crap!! HOWEVER...I do enjoy watching World Cup or Premier League matches ...

I grew up playing, and received a scholarship to play also, ....but there are things I don't like, and the worst thing is the 'faking an injury' thing....what garbage is that?!

SUFC.Loyal.....you're from Essex, ...please expound on that ! :)

I'll second the FAKING INJURY in soccer....I can't stand that crap!! HOWEVER...I do enjoy watching World Cup or Premier League matches ...

I grew up playing, and received a scholarship to play also, ....but there are things I don't like, and the worst thing is the 'faking an injury' thing....what garbage is that?!

SUFC.Loyal.....you're from Essex, ...please expound on that ! :)

Sorry mate. My education is of not the highest quality, what is expound.

I love football, but i dislike watching the priemer leauge, as yes it is full of europeans, who fall down like girls, faking an injury, they get the other inocent player booked, and then they are up and running like nothing has happened.

You will also find that 90% of Britrish fans hate players that fake an injury..

In the lower leagues you do not have so many Johnny forigner playing there, and so the game is as it should be, men standing up on their own two feet, and crunching tackles.

Plus the lower league football is mainly watched by the working class people still, football is still in its rawest form at this level, as the priemer league is very corporate oriontated, full over overpaid pre mondonnas, who cant stand on there own two feet, other than the English players.

OK. now i know whatt expound means.

SUFC.LOYAL = Southend United Football Club. Loyal, is, i am a loyal surporter of the club.

The team may do well, or not, they may get promoted, up through the 4 divsions of the English football league, or they may slip down through the divisions, but i myself, and thousends of other SUFC surporters will still show our surport.

The rason why i say this, is becouse, when your club does well and gets promoted, the club seems to get a larger surpot. (stands to reason).

But equally, when the club does bad, and slips down the leagues, then those fans which gatthered on the terraces, are no where to be seen, or they are now surporting the next local primership team, that are doing well..

I love football, but i dislike watching the priemer leauge, as yes it is full of europeans, who fall down like girls, faking an injury, they get the other inocent player booked, and then they are up and running like nothing has happened.

You will also find that 90% of Britrish fans hate players that fake an injury..

In the lower leagues you do not have so many Johnny forigner playing there, and so the game is as it should be, men standing up on their own two feet, and crunching tackles.

Plus the lower league football is mainly watched by the working class people still, football is still in its rawest form at this level, as the priemer league is very corporate oriontated, full over overpaid pre mondonnas, who cant stand on there own two feet, other than the English players.

SUFC. Loyal> I agree and disagree with you. As a Luton fan down in the conference, doing very well as it happens, i find that when i go to watch Prem football, it is just so boring. Its most probably just me, but after watching my club play, and play against opposition who are willing to fight and play a proper game of footie and earn the points unlike the prem premadonna's, and then to go back and watch prem footie, well the prem just doesn't cut it in my books. I also can't stand players who fake injuries. However there still present in the conference, combined with shocking refs, which just shows you that theres no getting away from it.

On the other hand, maybe were the exception, but the team i support that is being Luton, draws in thousands of people each week, and the players are on tremendous amounts of money in some cases. However biased you think i may be, i rarely see our players diving and cheating, that is the honest truth. However the opposition that comes to the Kenny in the conference has sometimes even been worse than the divers and premadonna's in the prem. Which imo, just goes to show you that whatever league your in you can't escape the cheats. Whether English or foreign. :S

ahh i watch both regularly (i'm from the uk). don't support any teams, but am addicted to watching (15+ hours a week..). good thing the football season (haha) is over so that i can get back to some drums! :)

SUFC. Loyal> I agree and disagree with you. As a Luton fan down in the conference, doing very well as it happens, i find that when i go to watch Prem football, it is just so boring. Its most probably just me, but after watching my club play, and play against opposition who are willing to fight and play a proper game of footie and earn the points unlike the prem premadonna's, and then to go back and watch prem footie, well the prem just doesn't cut it in my books. I also can't stand players who fake injuries. However there still present in the conference, combined with shocking refs, which just shows you that theres no getting away from it.

On the other hand, maybe were the exception, but the team i support that is being Luton, draws in thousands of people each week, and the players are on tremendous amounts of money in some cases. However biased you think i may be, i rarely see our players diving and cheating, that is the honest truth. However the opposition that comes to the Kenny in the conference has sometimes even been worse than the divers and premadonna's in the prem. Which imo, just goes to show you that whatever league your in you can't escape the cheats. Whether English or foreign. :S

As it stands AZZASS22.. the way Southend United are going we could easily be down there with you. Have been to your ground once. when someone said the away stand is in between them houses i thought he was joking. I diskike the FA for the way they seem to pick on the smaller clubs and leave all the prem clubs alone.

I think the world's cage fighters would disagree with that...

NO I bet most would not.. Most have probably played Football at one time or another. It's a different kind of brutality but still very very brutal. In alot of area's Boxing with gloves is still considered more dangerous than this mma cage fighter stuff, I think it has to do with the gloves allowing someone to get hit more often where as in bare knuckles you get hit like that your down and the fight is over, not much chance for repetitive blows to the head.

Had a ref yesterday.

Southend v Carlisle.

Im sure that git, came from the Borders, Animal beats, could of been you.

We should of had 2 penaltys, and 16 free kicks, but what we got was a red card / sending of, 2 goals against us, and a biast ref.

NO I bet most would not.. Most have probably played Football at one time or another. It's a different kind of brutality but still very very brutal. In alot of area's Boxing with gloves is still considered more dangerous than this mma cage fighter stuff, I think it has to do with the gloves allowing someone to get hit more often where as in bare knuckles you get hit like that your down and the fight is over, not much chance for repetitive blows to the head.

that's true, the boxing gloves allow you to hit more often and with greater force. but american football more brutal than MMA? leaving out some of the hits that get put out by people like troy, MMA tops it easily. most cage fighters won't have played american football at all, the wrestlers/boxers may have, but unless they were brought up in the US then they'll have been training in their chosen discipline from a very young age.

i'm not saying that american football isn't for strong/willed people. i watched college football in the middle of the night and had NFL network running constantly on sundays last season (in the uk), so it's not like i have anything against it.

have you ever tried muay thai or krav maga or brazillian jujitsu? or any MMA for that matter?
btw we're talking actual cage fighting here, not just simply training, right? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGLz0UI1J_Y

Yeah good points Toddy, I was just thinking of MMA fighters here in the U.S. sorry it's just my shallow American thinking : ) I agree MMA is very brutal but it is a different brutal. Guys get popped and the lights go out and they may get hit 1-2 times... Very brutal and I am not going to do it, but no one has ever been paralyzed or dies in MMA (that I know of). If your running at full speed and jump in the air, then get blindsided by a guy who is also running full speed and outweighs you by 20-40 lbs I am pretty sure you would think that it was just as brutal.

Anyway I am pretty sure that this whole dumb thread was just about Soccer and football which are team sports not actually getting in a ring and punching each other. I am sure a guy who wrestle's Alligator's may have a whole different argument but thats not what this thread is about.

yeah that's very true man. i have seen some absolutely brutal hits in football to be fair (troys USC hit comes to mind). american football is a great game anyway, i get addicted to it haha!

Back