NEW CUSTOM DRUM COMPANY

allworldsastage

hey guys i just bought this gorgeous fire red stain satin finish kit with brass hardware from this small custom drum company in toronto, canada, Drums Made EZ Custom Drums. honestly, i was skeptical at first, id never heard from them. BEST SOUNDING KIT EVER!!!! loud as hell, amazing projection and tone and finish looks amazing. check it out, they posted the kit i bought on their site! www.drumsmadeEZ.ca

just a guess... this would happen to be your custom drum company, would it?
sounds like a shameless plug. there are plenty of drum company owners on dw.
be a drummer and a contributing member first, then plug.

Enough with the damn custom drum companies. Everyone and their mother owns a custom drum company nowadays. All doing the saaame exact thing.

Let me guess...Keller Shells? Not that there's anything wrong w/ them...they're great - I'm just curious how many "custom" builders the market can sustain.

I'm not sure I'd buy "EZ" drums, the name is not so good...it screams "el cheapo" to me. They're nice looking though and I like the lugs, they look like Egos.

Here's the original "EZ" on the market:

EZ_lg.jpg

Last edited:
better pricing than Truth and Phattie for a 3 piece kit. But Truth and Phattie are truth and phattie. Dark Horse still has the best price. not a bad idea, but i agree, how many more custom shops are out there? how many more do we have to sift through? lol the yellow fade kit looks cool though :]

im going to build a kit with keller shells... i dont mind them. they sound good. BUT im not paying anyone to do what i can. i priced out my kit (to the cent) and itll cost me $1037.24. SJC would charge over $6k! haha, even a dark horse cant compete with my price.

ps. build some credibility with a few posts before spamming. were more likely to believe you have a decent product if that little ticker has a number bigger than 1.

One good thing going for EZ and/or Canadian drummers. The Toronto location. So for all the Canadians who always scream about shipping/tarriffs/etc., here's another Canadian (local) guy.

Last edited:
Let me guess...Keller Shells? Not that there's anything wrong w/ them...they're great - I'm just curious how many "custom" builders the market can sustain.

I'm not sure I'd buy "EZ" drums, the name is not so good...it screams "el cheapo" to me. They're nice looking though and I like the lugs, they look like Egos.

Here's the original "EZ" on the market:

EZ_lg.jpg

Ugh, don't even mention that kit. The only thing made by PDP on that kit is the logo.

Give the guy a break...you guys are brutal.

Nice drums ...even if he only has one post.

You can't blame the guy for trying to make a living.

Xalky, the thing is, it's obvious that this is a shameless plug disguised as an unsolicited endorsement from a 3rd party person. If he's gonna come in with his transparent publicity fumble, he needs to be prepared to suffer the wrath of the forum members. What he should have done is come in as first party, which i don't think is against the rules. Just be honest.

I would have said,

"wassup fellow drummers! My name's John from ez custom drums, we're a new custom drum shop from __________. We use genuine north american maple shells sourced from________. We can create the drumset of your dreams at a price that will blow you away! Why pay premium price for a set that anyone can order off the warehouse rack when you can create a totally custom drum for a fraction of the price that no one else has? Check out our gallery on our website and email us for more information"

Now, since he decided to come with the charade, we're all calling SHENANIGANS.

I went to the website and saw the gallery. Nice looking kits, but there's only like 2 on there. I'm thinking this new company has only made say...two kits?

LOL...

And you're right... He just did himself a huge disservice. If he had said something honest like . I just started a drum busines...what do you think. He might of gotten a warmer reception....then again... maybe not.LOL

is it just me, or does the yellow fade look terrible? the fade is inconsistent and the drums dont match.

"hey guys, theres this dude named shawn guess. . .best mix engineer on the planet! i mean, this guy can. . . wait, whats my screen name. . . shit"

=D

is it just me, or does the yellow fade look terrible? the fade is inconsistent and the drums dont match.

"hey guys, theres this dude named shawn guess. . .best mix engineer on the planet! i mean, this guy can. . . wait, whats my screen name. . . shit"

=D

I have to agree on that.

Who in their right mind would put their high end drum in the snow for pics, rent a studio dammit. Also you may want to photograph your drum in a better set up.

wow, some harsh comments here. As for the comment earlier "everyone and their mother owns a custom kit" well pretty much everyone else and their father owns a pearl, tama, or dw kit. Which are great. I love the Custom Drum company market and I think he has a good start going on. I think pretending to be someone else for a plug was lame though, I mean ... c'mon. but with some time I hope things go well and the company grows out of Keller shells (my opinion) and the name, seems really unattractive. I want something that isn't made easy. If people go to cusotm companies they want a different hard to make kit with certain woods, and hoops not anything really easy we all could build. I'm endorsed by C&C and I love the vintage way they took their business so that could be a direction for a certain line of EZ drums? i don't know. I like your idea and I wish you the best of luck and hope you don't plug like you just did. Take Care

Brendan Colameco
www.myspace.com/brendancolamecodrums

I wish you the best of luck EZ Drum Company. . . We all have to start somewhere.
God Bless
-RK Topper

And again its funny after listing his website he has not come back. Can you say SPAM

Back