we all know that Jack White is a kick ass drummer...

That was rad. Just out of curiosity, who makes a snare stand capable of holding a 16" snare?

Nah it lost me when it showed the bird walking near the drum kit.

Poor thing. Style over substance nonsense.

That was very good, for someone who had only seen him play guitar, I was amazed. And the 16 inch snare rack combo is cool.Thanks for posting that Tony.

Cool video, good drumming....it's obvious he's been taking lessons from Meg.

I'm curious what you mean by this.

The bird, flailing around next to the bass drum obviously in distress due to the loud noise as they have sensitive hearing.

I am a bird owner and seeing that has ****** me off. All for a 'cool' shot no doubt.

Last edited:
I almost think the bass drum head break was on purpose. The beater is hitting the bass drum with a corner. Staged or tell me he didn't feel that.

I'm not negging him, I like him. But I can't help but think this.

Very cool. I've always dug this band. Oddly enough, I'm not into his guitar playing though.

I had no idea you owned birds mate. What do you have? I've always quite wanted an African Grey Parrot but it's not terribly practical at the moment!

We have a few Budgies and until recently we also had a Crow. He sadly passed away recently but was with us for nearly two years after we found him and we were allowed to keep him by the RSPCA as he couldn't fly and was due to be put down. THAT was an experience! Very misunderstood but clever/loving birds as long as you put the hours in to nurture them.

Actually caring for a sick budgie (our first ever one) the last few days who looks to be close to passing away, hence why this video struck a nerve I think. Very delicate creatures are birds of which most wouldn't willingly walk over to a 26" bass drum being hit!!

African Greys are stunning, very clever. We'd love a White Cockatoo but we're not in a position to own one right now, someday though. Like the African Greys they require constant attention and company and make a lot of noise if they aren't getting it (which we found with our Crow!!) very clever and need a lot of social interaction.

Last edited:
We have a few Budgies and until recently we also had a Crow. He sadly passed away recently but was with us for nearly two years after we found him and we were allowed to keep him by the RSPCA as he couldn't fly and was due to be put down. THAT was an experience! Very misunderstood but clever/loving birds as long as you put the hours in to nurture them.

Actually caring for a sick budgie (our first ever one) the last few days who looks to be close to passing away, hence why this video struck a nerve I think. Very delicate creatures are birds of which most wouldn't willingly walk over to a 26" bass drum being hit!!

African Greys are stunning, very clever. We'd love a White Cockatoo but we're not in a position to own one right now, someday though. Like the African Greys they require constant attention and make a lot of noise if they aren't getting it (which we found with our Crow!!)

My last pets were a bunch of little Japanese Quail. We kept them for their little eggs. It took about 7 to equal a proper chicken egg.

They always had a pecking order and one would always get pecked to death.

Anyways, great video Tony! Thanks!

African Greys are stunning, very clever. We'd love a White Cockatoo but we're not in a position to own one right now, someday though. Like the African Greys they require constant attention and company and make a lot of noise if they aren't getting it (which we found with our Crow!!) very clever and need a lot of social interaction.

I remember as a kid we had a crow fall down our chimney. We kept him in a cage for two weeks while his wing healed and let him free after that time. I was about 3 years old - it was really bizarre, thinking about it.

Unfortunately I don't have the time to keep anything much. The missus wants a cat - which I've tried to veto on many occasions... can't stand the bloody things (sorry cat lovers!) and I'd much rather have a bird. I don't think it'll happen and we can't have pets where we live anyway, which rather kills the debate stone dead, sadly...

Best of luck with your budgie. I'm sorry to hear that mate.

I remember as a kid we had a crow fall down our chimney. We kept him in a cage for two weeks while his wing healed and let him free after that time. I was about 3 years old - it was really bizarre, thinking about it.

Unfortunately I don't have the time to keep anything much. The missus wants a cat - which I've tried to veto on many occasions... can't stand the bloody things (sorry cat lovers!) and I'd much rather have a bird. I don't think it'll happen and we can't have pets where we live anyway, which rather kills the debate stone dead, sadly...

Best of luck with your budgie. I'm sorry to hear that mate.

I seem to recall that story late night at Madgefest, we were quite liquidly oiled by that point though ; )

Thanks mate. Appreciate the words.

My last pets were a bunch of little Japanese Quail. We kept them for their little eggs. It took about 7 to equal a proper chicken egg.

They always had a pecking order and one would always get pecked to death.

Anyways, great video Tony! Thanks!

We raise Chinese button quail. Which are basically smaller but nearly identical looking to what you're talking about. Lot's of folks around here call yours Coturnix.

Know what you mean about the pecking to death thing. You really have to pair them off if you want them all to get along. I put no more than 3 together unless they have a lot of space.

Looks to me like the man can play! Had no idea.

Too many drums for my taste but seems like he can make it work.

Back