North Drums Hihat stand

blastbeatkeeper

Hello, everyone. I have a North Drums(yes, the drums shaped like 90 degree trumpets) hihat stand. It has an external tensioner, prettyy beefy footpedal, and seems rather conventional. Are these rare? I picked it up with an old set of Tama Imperialstars I bought a few months ago. Didnt realize what I had until someone asked me about it. Anyone know about these? The website isnt really too helpful about the hardware. Thanks!

Any pics? A lot of drum companies that dont build their own hardware bought there stuff from Kaman which is the same company that supplies Dixon, Gibraltar, Worldmax, Cannon and a few others. Even some Ludwig hardware has been known to come from them.

Ill take some pics tomorrow(FRiday) as my kit is at my practice room and I have to pick it up tomorrow for a show I have on Saturday. Ill upload them tomorrow.

Hello, everyone. I have a North Drums(yes, the drums shaped like 90 degree trumpets) hihat stand. It has an external tensioner, prettyy beefy footpedal, and seems rather conventional. Are these rare? I picked it up with an old set of Tama Imperialstars I bought a few months ago. Didnt realize what I had until someone asked me about it. Anyone know about these? The website isnt really too helpful about the hardware. Thanks![/QUOTEI

If Im not mistaken, its the same manufacture who made the PRO-Mark HH stand in the 70's whoever the ell that was. And I wouldn't doubt its the same stand, just branded differently.

The footpedal actually has the North Drums symbol molded right into it, and it is also a direct drive pull system. I wasnt able to get pics the other night, unfortunately, I hope to get some tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for the help so far.

NORTH snare drum. You'd think they would've mounted the snare wires vertically in accordance with gravity.

Anything NORTH is rare and collectable, condition playing a factor of course.

Attachments

• Picture 9.png
    Picture 9.png
    258.5 KB · Views: 2,964
  • Picture 8.png
    Picture 8.png
    131.5 KB · Views: 1,197
You would have to think that sensitivity in one of those would be out of the question....unless you used diplomat thickness heads on them on both sides. And good luck with throwing the snares off in a hurry!

I finally got pics of it uploaded to my computer after a month! Here they are. This is a North Hihat stand that I aquired along with a Tama Imperialstar kit I picked up for a benjamin($100 USD)

Does anyone else have any info on them? I was surprised that they made hardware.Thanks!

Last edited:
i had a set in the 90's, just the shells and the rack...i guess the rack had the logo sticker on it..but i might have had the High hat stand with it too....that snare is one ive never seen before....they were loud, and cool looking, but not my sound.
i DID make money on them after playing them for about six years....the guy drove 1000 miles to get them
couldnt wait to put $1500 in my hand and head back to Chicago.
I just got another partial set over the summer at a garage sale 22"bass....10",14", and 16" toms...$35...i snapped em up....
they are in rough shape, spray painted black and red....im trying to strip them, and the lugs and rims shine up pretty nice.
im probably gonna sell em, i cant lose money on em...they may end up pink tho.....lol...the red color seeped in to the white styrene .
I might just use the small toms like roto toms, and sell the bass and floor tom...they are cannons.

Back