What is your favorite album right now?

Iv posted in this before but well I feel it we kinda nice to update every once in a while. Im still stuck on karnivool and bosnian rainbows pretty hard which was most of my last post on here. But recently Iv been listening to
Death cab for cutie- the photo album (one of my all time favorite bands, great live as well)
city and colour-little hell (the album which has some really good stuff)
misery signals- Absent light, or at least I think that's what its called. Its pretty good but I'm not as hooked on it as I expected.

Right now it's Paul McCandless' Heresay, with the incredible Trilok Gurtu on percussion.

Just had a listen - I would love to see that band play live http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alA5eX8fiC0 ... the drumming is majestic.

I've said it before, but I'm still stuck on this album: 21 Spices, Trilok Gurtu/Simon Phillips and the NDR Bigband . That has got so many layers of stuff to listen to and dissect...

I'd not heard of Trilok Gurtu before and just listened to this after listening to a track from makinao's album of the moment with him on drums. Very pleased with this find!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm decompressing from listening almost exclusively to the Rocky Horror Show 2001 Cast Recording for the last two months by finally getting into the "Octane Twisted" live CD by Porcupine Tree. In a rare show of self-discipline, I held off listening to it until after the show for just this purpose. It's brilliant. Gavin, if you chance to read this -- well done.

"Enigmatic Ocean"- Jean-Luc Ponty.

I don't know why, but I have been on a Springsteen kick lately. I haven't listened to him in years (decades perhaps), but I used to really be into his music. I have been alternating between "The Wild, The Innocent, and The E Street Shuffle" and "Darkness on the Edge of Town". I even found my old "Born in the USA", "Nebraska" and "Greetings From Asbury Park, NJ" cassettes from my grade school days. I may see if they are still alive this evening.

Just lately, I have been listening to some of my 90's album and right now I'm really enjoying listening to 'Throwing Copper' by 'Live'

Chad Gracey certainly has his own style and a tasteful approach to light & shade!

Livecopper.jpg

Last edited:
Just lately, I have been listening to some of my 90's album and right now I'm really enjoying listening to 'Throwing Copper' by 'Live'

Chad Gracey certainly has his own style and a tasteful approach to light & shade!

View attachment 79531

Damn good pick, I've been championing Chad Gracey as an underrated drummer for years. I also recommend revisiting "Secret Samadhi" and checking out the most recent album "The Turn".

As for myself I'm currently a little obsessed with Kyuss' "Blues for the Red Sun" and "Welcome to Sky Valley".

Damn good pick, I've been championing Chad Gracey as an underrated drummer for years. I also recommend revisiting "Secret Samadhi" and checking out the most recent album "The Turn".

As for myself I'm currently a little obsessed with Kyuss' "Blues for the Red Sun" and "Welcome to Sky Valley".

Nice one!

Yeah, I saw Live during the 'Secret Samadhi' tour and then again for 'The Distance To Here'. Awesome band and yes, a very underrated drummer. I'll now check out 'The Turn'.

Cheers :)

Ttng - 13.0.0.0.0
Syd Arthur - Apricity

Prog but not prog, check em oot on youtube

Back