Memorial Day, The World Over

JohnnyG

Honorary Lifetime CEO
Staff member
We Americans will be celebrating a three day weekend with the majority of us off from work on Monday, Memorial Day. We use this day to remember those who gave their lives for our country so that we may live the way we do. I realize that many of these conflicts involved the lives of many of our allies in war and peace. So to all of our friends and family world wide, please take a moment this weekend, to thank and remember our fallen heroes, and maybe pray that one day we can all live in peace. We, on this drum forum are from almost every country in the world and we seem to live in pretty good harmony. Take this harmony into your everyday lives and hope that it spreads like a weed. Peace, and Happy Memorial Day to the World. Johnny, The Mayor.

We, on this drum forum are from almost every country in the world and we seem to live in pretty good harmony. Take this harmony into your everyday lives and hope that it spreads like a weed. Peace, and Happy Memorial Day to the World. Johnny, The Mayor.

Just dont talk jazz and this world will be a happy place.

Kidding. Nice thought GD, Happy Memorial day to you.

GD, our version here is ANZAC day on 25 April. The insane wastage of young lives is tragic but I guess that's life. We humans fight sometimes.

Let's hope for peace even if it seems a pretty faint hope. More drums and fewer guns would result in more happiness ...

Great post, Mayor.

Please take some time this weekend to remember our fallen heroes.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Peace and Prosperity For All - have a nice weekend with your loved ones.

Enjoy an icy, refreshing beverage while grilling your favorite meat or soy byproduct with your family and some good friends. Remember the ones who fought to make that all possible.

When the Prince of Wales and the Repulse were sunk by the Japanese, Australia was at it's most vulnerable. Our service men had been fighting the German and Italian military across the world for years. Winston Churchill refused to send them home and was prepared for Australia to be occupied until years later.

The situation was dire. But when our Prime Minister asked the US for help a new and powerful alliance was forged. This has lasted and remains as strong today as ever. From that time on, for better or worse, Australia has supported the US whenever needed.

Your loss is our loss. My respects.

. More drums and fewer guns would result in more happiness ...

here here...

I am very thankful for the service rendered by so many who have sacrificed much. I am blessed to still have my father who served during the Korean war. He asked me just today "son, are we doing anything Monday?" They NEVER forget and neither should we.

Thx GD for the post.

I'm not super-duper patriotic (at least not blindly so) but I did serve in the Navy for 6 years and had a pretty good time doing it (except that I didn't get to drum much). My wife and I, with our two boys (ages 6 and 4), were driving past a cemetery by our house and were lured in by the bling of all the white crosses and flags. The place was doing a brisk business that day - lots of people everywhere paying their respects. We walked around looking at all the headstones in the rain for over an hour. It was really cool and fascinating to see so many generations and vets, and one can't help but wonder at all the life stories buried there. I'd like to visit the cemetery more often. My grandmother used to tell me stories of being a little girl picnicking at her local cemetery with her family because the grass was so nice. They are fascinating places to visit.

I agree, however, the "Give Peace a Chance" philosophy has already been tried and failed. Unfortunately, we live in a world where there are too many people who don't subscibe to this philosphy and for that reason alone there will never be total peace no matter how much you dream about it. That's just the way it is.

So we keep on trying.

Back