Hard Vs. Soft Cymbal Case

Is the GEWA Sps series also available in the US?

Its just as rugged and protective as a case but build like a bag (with luxury plush inside the compartments)

256919.jpg

A soft case's weakness: Can't protect your cymbals against heavy crushing forces.
A hard case's weakness: Shock can be transferred to your cymbals' mounting hole.

I have two H&B enduro cases, a Carrow hard case (thru-bolt) and two soft, padded zipper cases. I've had a few tip over but I wouldn't trust any to be thrown off a loading dock with my cymbals in them...

The best case is a hard case with the center bolt removed and lots of padding around the case and in between the cymbals..

Maybe, you should get yourself the nice leather Reunion Blues cymbal bag, and then put your cymbals in that. And then put that into a rolling Anvil hardcase made out of 3/8" plywood lined on the inside with 2" foam ;) You know they're safe when you can jack a truck up on it!

This Reunion Blues bag combines features of hard cases and soft bags. SUPER plush and protective - it has an internal frame (the hard case element) and tons of padding (the soft case element). I own it and it's great. But beware that it is much thicker than a normal cymbal bag. I paid $155 on-line.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 1,232
Maybe, you should get yourself the nice leather Reunion Blues cymbal bag, and then put your cymbals in that. And then put that into a rolling Anvil hardcase made out of 3/8" plywood lined on the inside with 2" foam ;) You know they're safe when you can jack a truck up on it!

A case inside a case that's thinking outside the box.

Back