Improving Singing?

Just wondering if you can improve your singing much or are you stuck with your voice?. Thing is i kinda can sing a bit, but not well, not with any confidence. If i stretch the tiniest bit too much the note breaks, crashes, becomes horrid. I also tend to sing a bit through my nose though it has gotten much better. aahhh!

I am trying to play the guitar together with the bass drum and Hi-hat, has a nice, full, stripped-down sound, and the singing is the last thing i can add to it.

I developed my reasonable voice from nothing, through many hours playing guitar and singing.

Just wondering if there is any good articles, tips, downloads (torrents) online?

Just wondering if you can improve your singing much or are you stuck with your voice?. Thing is i kinda can sing a bit, but not well, not with any confidence. If i stretch the tiniest bit too much the note breaks, crashes, becomes horrid. I also tend to sing a bit through my nose though it has gotten much better. aahhh!

I am trying to play the guitar together with the bass drum and Hi-hat, has a nice, full, stripped-down sound, and the singing is the last thing i can add to it.

I developed my reasonable voice from nothing, through many hours playing guitar and singing.

Just wondering if there is any good articles, tips, downloads (torrents) online?

Unlike drumming, I think voice lessons need to happen in person with a qualified teacher. They need to hear what you're doing and possibly see what you're doing too. There's something that happens when everything is 3D in person. At least that's what I learned when I took voice lessons years ago. You're utilizing muscles that aren't easily seen (like your hands and wrists for drumming are) and only in person do I think a teacher could spot what you may be doing wrong. Definitely check out a teacher - you may be doing damage.

Definitely check out a teacher - you may be doing damage.

To anyone listening lol.

Sorry I don't mean that, but I had to take it.

You don't need a great voice. You need confidence. Look at Dylan. It's all about using what you got with no excuses. I know all about not having a great voice, I get by on attitude. (Also selecting songs that I am able to hit all the notes to)

To anyone listening lol.

You don't need a great voice. You need confidence. Look at Dylan. It's all about using what you got with no excuses. I know all about not having a great voice, I get by on attitude. (Also selecting songs that I am able to hit all the notes to)

My point wasn't to get a great voice, my concern was to not do something wrong to end your singing career alot earlier than you planned. Without hearing you or seeing what you're doing, it'd be hard to suggest anything to check out. As a singing drummer, I can tell you I got more gigs because I was able to sing rather than the drummer who didn't sing. Who wants to pay for two people when you can get one person who does both?

To anyone listening lol.

confidence is good, but if you can't sing on key, then you're a lost cause. that's pretty much where i'm at as a singer. a singer with bad pitch is the equivalent of a drummer with no sense of rhythm. that person cannot be allowed behind a mic!

Back