Amy Winehouse RIP

Another celebrity goes down...too young. Peace to your soul - Amy!

27 seems to be a popular age to die.

Robert Johnson
Brian Jones
Jimi Hendrix
Janis Joplin
JIm Morrison
Kurt Cobain
Ron McKernan
Jean-Micheal Basquait
Freaky Tah
Amy Winehouse

Last edited:
This is terrible. She seemed to never be able to get straight, and she had that great voice. I am sad about the news, but not surprised.

It's not really a suprise to me. She wrote a song about rehab and she was alway on drugs or alcohol and recently she begged people to buy her album and then she dies of a certain drug overdose. I knew it as soon as I heard the news, not really that much of a shock to me.

It's not really a suprise to me. She wrote a song about rehab and she was alway on drugs or alcohol and recently she begged people to buy her album and then she dies of a certain drug overdose. I knew it as soon as I heard the news, not really that much of a shock to me.

Agreed. I wasn't shocked by this either. Still it's sad to hear. At least now she is at peace.

This is terrible. She seemed to never be able to get straight, and she had that great voice. I am sad about the news, but not surprised.

Agreed. She had an amazing, soulful voice, and was full of talent. But after that last appearance she made on stage drunk/high, it was in the back of my mind that something would happen to her if she didn't get help (it was around the time of the Charlie Sheen thing). Unfortunately, this is how things ended. There goes another talent that the (hollywood) media just ridiculed and watched go down. It's been clear that she had a drug problem and no one intervened to help. Hopefully an effort for more drug awareness will rise out of this.

RIP Amy Whinehouse.

I am not surprised nor shocked....nothing. My wife and I said this would happen 3 years ago. Sad.

Agree about 27 and also that it's no surprise. It seems that if a person has uncontrolled drug habits then that's the age. Oddly enough, Keef is still kicking along in his late 60s but his self abuse seemed to stem from cheerfully unrestrained hedonism.

In the 27s club, people like Janis, Jim, Kurt and Amy stuck me as having a dark and willfully self destructive side ... tremendous natural talents too. She had a great voice and expression.

RIP Amy

I hate to ask this, but who was she? ( Kinda revealing my age and out of touch with the modern music scene I guess. Hell, my stick bag is older than that girl.)

I feel sorry for her father. Apparently, he was mid Atlantic when her death was splattered all over the media.

There's countless stories about people trying to help her over the years. All efforts rejected, & usually in a high profile mocking manner. Her first album was superb in almost every way. As soon as the recognition roller her way, she went down hill. Her attitude to those seeking to help her, coupled with her complete disregard for the fans that put her on top, was a classic example of crash & burn waiting to happen.

Yes, it's sad, but she won't be the last. My thoughts go out to the few people who really loved her, despite her shortcomings.

Lived in Seattle for a few years, there was a local DJ who made a point not to play Amy Winehouse, he said he felt he was enabling her by promoting her as a celebrity. That discussion generated a lot of controversy but I understand his point. I loved her music, thought she was one of the most soulful singers akin to Billy Holiday. There was something about her for me, thought she had an old soul. Well I guess her soul and her body are extremely old. 100% old as in that's it, she ain't getting no older.

Maybe she lived to be a ripe old age, maybe somebody like her has a life expectancy of two and a half decades max. Her life is complete. There are always predators out there willing to cash in. A lot of people made a lot of money off her. I am sure some went to the ends of the earth to try and help, some just took their cut and ran off.

Just think, this girl was rich and she couldn't get recovery. Some things you just can't buy at any price.

RIP AW

It's easy to sit here and say, Oh she brought this all on herself.
She was tortured obviously.

A favorite quote:

"Great art is born of great pain"

Some people are self sacrificing. Brutal, really.

Thank you Amy, for what it's worth.

The quote is from Gomez Adams.

27 seems to be a popular age to die.

Robert Johnson
Brian Jones
Jimi Hendrix
Janis Joplin
JIm Morrison
Kurt Cobain
Ron McKernan
Jean-Micheal Basquait
Freaky Tah
Amy Winehouse

Just about to say the same thing...
When I saw thread I thought, woah, another at 27???

Pretty weird...

I hate to ask this, but who was she? ( Kinda revealing my age and out of touch with the modern music scene I guess. Hell, my stick bag is older than that girl.)

i'm only 24 and have no clue who she is.. i'm gonna guess some pop idiot who was a waste of ear drum vibrations.

Back