Rules? What Rules?

JohnnyG

Honorary Lifetime CEO
Staff member
I just noticed these numbers and thought it was interesting.
Only 1/7th of the members have read the rules at best.

Members: 23,038

FORUM RULES. Please Read This Before Posting Views........3,545

Oh Grunt, Don't be such a Fuddy Duddy! LOL! And yes, Im one of the 3500 that read them. Did you read them? There will be a quiz tomorrow!

Did you calculate each location the rules are posted?

Then factor in the "x" variable of the same member returning to finish reading
the rules. I don't read that fast....I still haven't finished reading all of it.

I just assume that I should be respectful and courteous to other people in general.

And some people take rules as a challenge; and tend to push things as far as
they can until someone puts a stop to it.

I think that's one of the coolest parts of this site. That it is actually moderated.
I get tired of people trying to start online arguments on some other sites.

I would be curious to know how many people were banned that did in fact read the rules.

Actually I stand corrected. At the top of one section it gives 12, 729 views. I feel much better now.

It's easy:

With educated or even not so educated - just "normal" behaviour you don't need the rules - Never.

But as you know probably: The Admini and myself love banning people and killing threads - so we take the rules as legitimation to do so.

Bernhard

This is what happens to those who break the forum rules!
Think before you post!

Update; One of the Metal drummers just PM'd me and asked if I knew where he could get a Head Vice like that!
I think that Gibraltar makes it in both black and chrome.

Attachments

• 2939879040104181437S600x600Q85.jpg
    2939879040104181437S600x600Q85.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
It's easy:

With educated or even not so educated - just "normal" behaviour you don't need the rules - Never.

But as you know probably: The Admini and myself love banning people and killing threads - so we take the rules as legitimation to do so.

Bernhard

Moral of the story - There are no rules, if you dont break em.

It's easy:

Bernhard

At first glance instead of 'killing threads" I read "killing threats". I watch my step from now on lol.

This is what happens to those who break the forum rules!
Think before you post!

Update; One of the Metal drummers just PM'd me and asked if I knew where he could get a Head Vice like that!
I think that Gibraltar makes it in both black and chrome.

Oh we had that at school, we called it 'restrictive detention'.

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet. It is also my responsibility to alert each and every one of you to the potential consequences of various ordinary everyday activities you might be performing which could eventually lead to *The Death Penalty* (or affect your parents' credit rating). Our criminal institutions are full of little creeps like you who do wrong things...and many of them were driven to these crimes by a horrible force called MUSIC!

I think I remember reading them a bit when I first signed up but I havn't read it since. All I remember is that to keep out curse words, purverted gestures and religon or creed, or at least I think so.

I'm going to guess and say that 25% of people have only signed on maybe once, and that only 30%-40% sign on regularly. That cuts the numbers down a lot, too.

I'm going to guess and say that 25% of people have only signed on maybe once, and that only 30%-40% sign on regularly. That cuts the numbers down a lot, too.

my thoughts exactly. There is a small "hardcore" of members that posts very frequently, there are people that read a lot (myself included) and post not that much. I've read the rules when I joined, but it had to be pointed out to me later that topics about religion are not very welcome on this forum, wich is very sensible. But to be banned you have to really mess things up and act like a big baby I think.

What I love about the forum is that the mods read EVERYTHING and almost never visibly moderate, so everything stays clean. Stupid threads just disappear, get closed quickly. It's all very clear how far we can go and where the boundries are. It's like music, we have the timesignature, the tempo etc. All we have to do is play the notes.

(I feel very philosophic tonight)

Back