Just back from Route 66

I've not been on this for 2 weeks and a bit. That's because I've been in America for 2 weeks travelling from Chicago to LA on the Route 66. It was great! Started in Chicago and stayed at the Hilton there where films like Home Alone and Little Fockers have been filmed then went across.
I love New Mexico, Las Vegas and LA. Got some drum heads and stuff while in the US because they're pretty cheap compared to here and tried out some kits we don't get here and I fell in love with DW9000 Pedals. If only I had the cash.

But it was a great experience :) any questions I will answer

Should have let us know you were coming. I am just a few miles off Rte 66 in Oklahoma City. We could have had a coupa and chatted. You passed by a great 5 star drum shop in Tulsa called Drum World. What made you traverse the Hartland from Merry Old England, anyway?

Should have let us know you were coming. I am just a few miles off Rte 66 in Oklahoma City. We could have had a coupa and chatted. You passed by a great 5 star drum shop in Tulsa called Drum World. What made you traverse the Hartland from Merry Old England, anyway?

Not England, Scotland. Hahaha
My mum and dad have wanted to do the Route 66 for YEARS now and they finally had enough money to do it. I seen a few signs for Memphis and I was like "Must goto Memphis Drum Store" but my parents weren't willing to goto Memphis haha.
I never really had the time to post I was doing it either, it would've been awesome to know where more good drum stores were too. I was in Tulsa too and I didn't see any music stores sadly :/
It was great though :)

Now that is a good way to confuse, our brothers across the pond, tell them you are from the UK, but come from Scotland not England, or Wales, or Northern Irland. LOL LOL.. Would love to do the Route 66 on a bike..

I guessed that. I said "Scotland" and they asked me if we had a queen, if we lived in caves and if we ate of peoples stomachs and wear kilts. So I just said "The UK" hahaha.

I'd love to do it on a Harley, sadly I can't drive either car or bike. Would like to learn how to drive a motorbike though, would be awesome and different/

Sadly Chris, you cant even pull off a kilt in Scotland anymore. I was walking through central station after a gig one night and I was approached by two local girls wanting to take a picture because they had never seen someone in a kilt before......

Sadly Chris, you cant even pull off a kilt in Scotland anymore. I was walking through central station after a gig one night and I was approached by two local girls wanting to take a picture because they had never seen someone in a kilt before......

Hahaha! Central Station is nuts. And what's funny is theres a kilt shop a few shops down outside it and there's also those percussionists who look like God's who wear kilts up next to Buchannan Galleries. That's a funny story though.

Odd. I've seen many people in Kilts here in LA.

There is actually a restaurant chain now called the Tiled Kilt. It's has nothing to do with Scottish food, as much as it's about the waitress wearing small bits that resemble kilts. hahaha...

Odd. I've seen many people in Kilts here in LA.

There is actually a restaurant chain now called the Tiled Kilt. It's has nothing to do with Scottish food, as much as it's about the waitress wearing small bits that resemble kilts. hahaha...

You mean "Tilted Kilt", I think, and they are a pub/eatery ....​

Attachments

• images (1).jpg
    images (1).jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 229
  • images (2).jpg
    images (2).jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 3,109
This reminds me of the time a theatre director I was under turned up to press night in full Highland Dress. His first language is Gaelic, so I can forgive him!

You mean "Tilted Kilt", I think, and they are a pub/eatery ....​

Yes. Type-o on my part.

They are basically competing with Hooters. Beer, food, girls in skimpy outfits. Nothing really to do with traditional Scottish outfits. But it's a fun experience.

More like tartan mini skirts hahaha!
Kilts look more like these

Oh, I'm well aware of what a real kilt looks like .... but girls wearing those ...??? I'm sure they sell a lot more beer, burgers, fish and chips with the "naughty school girl look" ... not to mention, the waitresses probably make way better tips ... Madison Avenue ... sex sells ...

Back