My new DW 5000s

There really aren't any pedals better than the DW 5000's. They are a solid investment. Just be sure to keep all the connections good and tight, and clean it with some WD-40 every once and a while. It will serve you well. I suggest (when you're comfortable) taking it apart, cleaning it, and putting it back together to get yourself familiar with how it functions. Then you can adjust beater position, spring tension, etc and get it to feel PERFECT.

Also, flipping the beaters around is a good suggestion. You'll never have to replace them, but your bass head will wear a bit faster.

I couldn't agree more. I got my DW 5000's in 1994 and haven't looked back. They really are great pedals. I'll occasionally try different pedals at the drum store, but keep going back to the 5000's. I have never had any problems in the 14 or so years I have played them.

I couldn't agree more. I got my DW 5000's in 1994 and haven't looked back. They really are great pedals. I'll occasionally try different pedals at the drum store, but keep going back to the 5000's. I have never had any problems in the 14 or so years I have played them.

wow, that really says a lot about quality gear. If you bought cheaper pedals you might have had to replace them two times already... Makes it more expensive in the end to buy cheap :)

See if you prefer the sound of the felt side of the beater over the plastic side. I personally really don't like the sound of plastic beaters, so I always use the felt side.
If you don't want to buy new beaters you might try putting the PDP beaters you have on this pedal - they should be exchangeable without any problems since they're both DW. Or was your PDP pedal a single? I forget...

Best wishes with the new pedals!

Thank you! I'm not sure which side I like better, but I was considering getting some Trick beaters. I've certainly never heard anything bad about Trick!

Congrats on your pedals! They look great, and are played by some of the greatest drummers too, so now you can never blame your equipment again ;-).
I hope your new kickhead will arive shortly, and then you can show us all what you can do with your new pedals...

As Drumsword said, your kit has come a long way. Have fun making it even more special then it is already. (more cowbell?)

Haha more cowbell? I have a cowbell! I just don't like the look of it on a kit, but sometimes I use.

You should run all Ebony or Black Suede (BS, haha) heads. Now THAT would be mean.

Just one more 18" Ebony to top it off...you can't put one of those on the snare!

Also, in my next video, I'm gonna have three camera...one overhead, one front view, and one kick pedal view! It'll be rad!

nice double kick - deedubs make good everything. love how your kits developed over tIme (and money) keep it up!

Just a quick update:

I sold my PST 3 hi hats for $44.

I sold my PST 3 crash for $40.

I sold my PDP double pedal $75.

And my snare stand...it BROKE IN HALF! Can you believe it?
So I called DW, and they said they'd send me a new one because it's still under warranty.

And I have my Superkick III coming in the mail!

Just a quick update:

I sold my PST 3 hi hats for $44.

I sold my PST 3 crash for $40.

I sold my PDP double pedal $75.

And my snare stand...it BROKE IN HALF! Can you believe it?
So I called DW, and they said they'd send me a new one because it's still under warranty.

And I have my Superkick III coming in the mail!

Haha, it never stops with you, does it :). I am very curious where you will be in 3 years, kit-wise and drumming-wise.

You are a promissing grasshopper...

Haha, it never stops with you, does it :). I am very curious where you will be in 3 years, kit-wise and drumming-wise.

You are a promissing grasshopper...

Haha yeah, this whole thing is pretty crazy...

Problem is, in three years, I'll be off to college. I don't know what's gonna happen drumming-wise then.

Back