Neil Peart Vapor Trails Replica Kit (For Sale)

DustinJay

Hello, First off I must say I am a die hard Rush fan of 25 years. So four years ago I finally made the decision to pull the trigger and get this kit. I had it custom built in the DW factory in California. There has only been four of these kits made in the world, this was the third. The red sparkle finish includes all seven of Neils custom coats of, black, red, gold, and silver sparkle finishes to perfectly match his kit. The hardware, rims, and lugs are all 100% 24 karat gold, and includes all 9000 hardware. The original drum heads that came on it from DW are also included. It has been on display since I bought it and I have only played it four times, for a few hours. It has never been out of the studio and is as new. The cymbals are Paragon Prototypes with the exeption of a Paragon ride and hi- hats. This includes all cases, and cymbal case. Im getting married in the next two weeks and am getting out of drums, so im looking to part with it. Please email me at [email protected] if you may be interested, thanks. (Serious buyers only)

(Pictures will be posted soon)

Last edited:
I agree...

100% with Mcbrain, DJ!

You have a gold mine. Literally! I would never ever sell that kit under any circumstances. ;-)

Unless, of course, it was life or death. OR...you're not as much of a Rush/NP fan as I am. :-|

It's gotta be an absolutely gorgeous kit, man. I mean, really! My jaw is dropping and the drool is flowing heavily just at the anticipation of the pics you've promised to post. But to OWN ONE?! Wow!

Very anxious to see it, DustinJay.

But to repeat and concur with Mcbrain...Keep that kit, man!

;-)

Yes do keep it... not to mention this is in the wrong section of the forums :).

no offense, but are you crazy??? Keep that kit!!!

When you get older you can always sell the drums for a brand new Porsche or Aston Martin.
Wives come and go, but you have 25% of all Neil Peart signature kits. I would wait at least 5 maybe 10 years before you sell the kit.
It comes back to the poor economic depression atm, nobody interested in buying that kit will be able to afford it!! Well, you know what I mean.. They'll offer you under $5,000 or something.

Im getting married in the next two weeks and am getting out of drums, so im looking to part with it.
QUOTE]

Good luck and have a good sale, an expensive one! You deserve it due to your previous investment and strong sense of ownership.

All The Best,

lol, wow Ekim, that was a bit of a bump...

Still would like to see those pictures though!

-Jonathan

Hello Fellow "Rush Heads" and "Neil Peart-ians"

I have been a drummer for over 30 yrs, and Like many of you, Neil have been my Maine Insperation and teacher. When the Signals Album came out in 1983, and I saw his Candy Apple "ArtStar" Prototype kit, I was DEFFINANTLY HOOKED! I HAD to have one of my own! And I do! :D
If you go to my profile on here, you will quickly see that I too am a HUGE RUSH fan and Life Long "Neil Student". Back in 1987, I Ordered a Custom Tama "SuperStar" kit in Candy Apple Red EXACTLY Like Neils "Weapon" kit! Yes it IS an "ArtStar Kit" made to look like a SuperStar kit, and it sounds Exactly like Neil's did. The only thing different about mine is that mine have Chrome instead of Brass Plating, but that is because I love the Look of Chrome.

As I said I have been playing for over 30 yrs, and No matter WHAT "Relationship" i have been in, I would nor WILL E-V-E-R Part with my Babies! Those drums and I have been through alot together, and if not for them, there are parts of my past I might not have gotten through, because when the chips were down for me, my DRUMMING was some times ALL I had!
Drumming IS my Spirituality, My Religon, and My Law! It has made me a better person,
and as I continue to become a better drummer, I also become a better person.

I agree, Please, Please, PLEASE DO NOT Part with them! Any person whom would want you to quit something you LOVE might not be worht being with! If it Dosn't Hurt you, and if Drumming IS really a Part of your SOUL then Selling those would be the worst thing you could ever do, and I doubt if you would ever be able to get another set Exactly like those again! I know that I could Never Afford my Kit today! With THIS Ecconomy???? HELL NO!
I Just recently replaced 3 Cracked Cymbals this year and it cost my a chunk!
Please, Listen to your fellow "Drum Heads" here.....we ARE on your side!

Peace and Drumming to you

Sincerely,
Joe

I agree. With the economy the way it is, you'll part with it for alot less than what you spent, whereas I'm positive and think the economy will eventually re-bound (maybe after the 2012 elections). You should keep them, find another way to pay for the wedding bills and settling down (I'm assuming that's why you're selling) because they should appreciate in value over time. Hell, if we're talking weddings, as a wedding photographer, I would suggest ditching the high-end stuff from the wedding and just having a good photographer, because the pictures are all you'll have left of that day when its all over anyway.

But please keep the drums!

Agreed with Bo. If the market is anything like the UK's for used drums you couldn't choose a worse time. If you can hold out financially then hang onto them for a couple of years. If you must sell now, at least sell the cymbals separately.

Any woman that doesn't want you playing ain't worth having.
True that,
There are plenty of women out there. Luckily my wife supports my band & gigging in general after all she met me while I was gigging out. so she accepts it.

Good Luck,
Bonzolead

P.S. keep the kit

Back