C&C 1 up 2 down

jt.mcrae

Hi all

My christmas present to myself finally came in yesterday. I present my very own C&C Player Date II walnut finish drum set

Shells are Maple//Mahogany//Maple and are in the sizes of
22x14
12x8
14x14
16x15

v247.jpg

They sound amazing. The bass drum is a canon of pure warmth and low end and the toms are nice and fat

Very nice kit. I really like the look of the walnut with the center lugs.

Just some more pics. It really does look as good as it sounds

Also I have to say the customer service from C&C is outstanding. Originally the due date was early December in time for a major session I had booked. Sadly they hit a shortage of wood and the kit was delayed by a month. Due to this hiccup C&C Australia let me hire out their national tour back line kit free of charge and gave me free express air mail on my actual kit. They kept me updated every step of the way

1513197_589846954422218_122226268_n.jpg

1496599_589846971088883_1355120552_n.jpg

1522180_589846964422217_1344886630_n.jpg

Can we hear it? How about a 1 mic setup...out in front of the kit...simple and pure. I would really like to hear those....again, just a. Beauty of a kit

Lovely! I am a huge fan of C&C drums (I own two kits) and your kit is particularly stunning.

Congrats!

I've been eyeing up this series for a while now... and DAMN that's a beautiful kit of yours. If I were ever to order one I was going to go with the white marine pearl finish, but seeing pics of you're kit really makes me re-think this. Is it that dark in person?

Wow, I love how they really looked after you man! Talk about going above and beyond!

What cymbals are you running?

-Jonathan

Last edited:
I've been eyeing up this series for a while now... and DAMN that's a beautiful kit of yours. If I were ever to order one I was going to go with the white marine pearl finish, but seeing pics of you're kit really makes me re-think this. Is it that dark in person?

Wow, I love how they really looked after you man! Talk about going above and beyond!

What cymbals are you running?

-Jonathan

Hey Jonathan

Where are you based? If in Aus then definitely order through C&C Australia direct. Jared is the national rep and an absolute dude.
I want went the dark walnut because I've never really been a fan of white marine pearl and I already have a Gretsch kit in the natural finish. It's not quite as dark as in the pool shots and it seems to take on a warm glow depending on the light it's under.

Cymbals currently are

15 K light hats (swap with 14 Istanbul Agop Jazz sometimes)
19 K custom hybrid crash
21 A Sweet Ride (used as a crash)
24 Istanbul Agop medium ride (sometimes 22 K Light ride)

Really loving the Agop stuff and the next set of purchases will be hats and two big crashes to replace the Ks

Cheers

JT

Nice!

I just got rid of an older C&C a few months ago and shipped out the snare yesterday. Already having seller's remorse on that snare... but I'm getting a Supraphonic LM402 in return, so I think I can deal with it for now... :p

I was going to ask how old they are. But they are new. I am digging the retro bass drum claws. and they sound great

I was going to ask how old they are. But they are new. I am digging the retro bass drum claws. and they sound great

Yep, new as of Dec 2013. The bass drum claws are probably my least favourite part of the kit, that is if I have to have a least favourite part. They look awesome but take a while to set the kick drum up straight and level.

I've played a couple of gigs with this kit and everyone seems to love it. Definitely looking at picking up a custom snare to slot in

Yep, new as of Dec 2013. The bass drum claws are probably my least favourite part of the kit, that is if I have to have a least favourite part. They look awesome but take a while to set the kick drum up straight and level.

Get some memory locks, maybe. I have DW hoop clamp spurs which unfortunately have that same system but don't include memory locks, but those brackets look like they could handle some.

Back