Best Song Ever

Best Song Ever is ridiculousely Crazy to try and narrow down... I mean its all about how we feel at the time... No way is this the only

Eleven - Primus
Bold As Love - Jimi

Thats what makes it a cool question, I wonder what song would be mentioned the most if everyone had stuck to the question of 1 song only.. We all know it's impossible and depends on mood but if you had to only pick one right now? hmmmm guess we won't know.

The Lotus Eater - Opeth

I have to agree, this song is just mixture of everything purposely to make you go wtf lol. So frantic, then so soothing, and then into a funky keyboard solo and then to frantic again.

I would also have to say Progenies of the Great Apocalypse by Dimmu Borgir. I know most of you probably aren't a fan of the vocals but this song just does it for me. It is just so incredibly intense, and it almost never lets up. The haunting and quiet midsection just goes straight back into the intensity and the pianos going crazy it's just....I love this song lol

I have to agree, this song is just mixture of everything purposely to make you go wtf lol. So frantic, then so soothing, and then into a funky keyboard solo and then to frantic again.

hah, yea great description. every time I hear it the word "schizophrenic" pops into my head... but in a good way.

hah, yea great description. every time I hear it the word "schizophrenic" pops into my head... but in a good way.

I'd have to say my favorite Opeth song is Still Day Beneath The Sun, I've asked for that to be at my funeral should I die randomly.

Out of their heavier tracks, Demon Of The Fall, I've seen them play it live a few times now, it is a very coherent track with some very memorable moments and just breathes everything good about early Opeth.

My best song ever is Titanic song "My Heart Will Go On".
Every night in my dreams
I see you, I feel you
That is how I know you go on.

Far across the distance
and spaces between us
You have come to show you go on.

Near, Far,
wherever you are,
I believe that the heart does go on.

I don't think there can be a 'best song ever', but my personal favourite song is Cosmology by Rolo Tomassi. It's just unlike anything else I've ever heard, I've spent a long, long time trawling through the internet trying to find other songs that come to close to it for me, but nothing does. I like that really spacey sound, fused with changing time signatures, polyrhythms and the most epic outro to a song I've ever heard.

It's ironic, as I think Rolo Tomassi are one of the worst bands I've ever heard, making some of the most horrible noise I've ever heard, and yet this one song they make is my favourite song ever. I bet not many people can say that their favourite song is made by one of their most hated bands!

If I had to choose one song only, then "Imagine" by John Lennon would be the one...

... we're all dreaming of a better world.

I don't think there can be a 'best song ever', but my personal favourite song is Cosmology by Rolo Tomassi. It's just unlike anything else I've ever heard, I've spent a long, long time trawling through the internet trying to find other songs that come to close to it for me, but nothing does. I like that really spacey sound, fused with changing time signatures, polyrhythms and the most epic outro to a song I've ever heard.

It's ironic, as I think Rolo Tomassi are one of the worst bands I've ever heard, making some of the most horrible noise I've ever heard, and yet this one song they make is my favourite song ever. I bet not many people can say that their favourite song is made by one of their most hated bands!

I just listened to that, I love it! I'm big into the whole 'post rock' sound. Have you heard Explosions in the Sky? Here's a song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F0QsjIflZw

I just listened to that, I love it! I'm big into the whole 'post rock' sound. Have you heard Explosions in the Sky? Here's a song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F0QsjIflZw

Ah I'm glad! So am I, post-rock was one of the main genre's I explored whilst trying to find songs similar to Cosmology. Yes I have, although I've not heard that song before, its pretty good :) In fact, probably the closest song I found to be similar to Cosmology was The Only Moment We Were Alone by Explosions In The Sky. Pretty strange how you chose that band of all post-rock to show me!

Haha... I can relate to that you know, I'm pulling such "painful" grin on my face while playing that the audience must think that drumming is a masochist type of instrument... or that I forgot the top part of my drum throne ;-))

LOL! I can only imagine. (No pun intended)

Back