Drumming cartoons

A challenge? It feels more like this :)

I might have to take an approach like the below ...

yarts_keefs-career-change.jpg

Hey, that IS me!!!

(only I have blond hair...hahah)

Thanks for the info. I shall check it out.

Not for my Mac. Just PC

Last edited:
A challenge? It feels more like this :)

I might have to take an approach like the below ...

yarts_keefs-career-change.jpg

BobdaAccountant ... hmm, it has a ring to it.

PQ, to the end of the queue with you, lad! How's the bub going? Last I remember you were a father-to-be.
Im going to get the Facebook application that takes the pics that you submit and makes cartoon characters from that picture. I'll then compare it to whatever you come up with! LOL!!!
So you better get busy girl! ;)

A friend of mine from a gaming clan I used to be a part of did this for me a few years ago:

moldyavatar.jpg

And if you ever feel like doing me, you'd probably only need to draw the legs and arms, as I'd probably be carrying around lots of drum related items while money flew away from my pockets.

That, or the preacher of drum hate. darn deathmetalcoremetalhairfistinyourfacespeedmetal...

Bob, I'm working my butt off already! Currently experimenting with a kind of cubist claymation version of MikeM. Not sure how it will work out, but I never am.

Moldy, did he make that with the Southpark character generator? Some time ago I used that cool little device to make Southpark versions of various friends and family members.

Not ideal for doing a long streak of misery like you, though :) A friend is 6'5" so I'm not sure it quite captured him:

Last edited:
I like that toy a bunch. Welcome to Florida and drumming on the beach.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-03-14 at 9.59.42 AM.png
    Screen shot 2010-03-14 at 9.59.42 AM.png
    40.3 KB · Views: 1,388
PQ, to the end of the queue with you, lad! How's the bub going? Last I remember you were a father-to-be.

Your memory is surpassed only by your memory! Seems to be going well, although it looks like it's getting bigger. Is that supposed to happen? He's supposed to be a he, although I'll reserve final judgement until I meet him in July.

Your memory is surpassed only by your memory! Seems to be going well, although it looks like it's getting bigger. Is that supposed to happen? He's supposed to be a he, although I'll reserve final judgement until I meet him in July.

It's weird. I forget everything - appointments, dates, bills, new arrangements, resolutions - and I remember something like this.

I see, still in the oven until July. Good that it's a boy. Everyone says there's a man shortage so we need to keep the numbers up.

GD, so you wear hats? Hmm, could have been useful information ...

Last edited:
Do they say that? I thought it was the other way round. It certainly is in China.

Yes, the one child policy apparently resulted in a lot of Chinese men going abroad. But here, as a flatmate said to me almost ten years ago, "At our age they're either fixed up or f'd up".

Time to add another toon. This one was especially easy to draw:

yarts_john-cage-4.33.jpg

But, as they say, less is more ...

Last edited:
Ah, I see the John Cage fans are flocking ... funny bout that ...

Anyway young Mike, you were next on the list. I tried something a bit different this time because one shouldn't t play the money beat every song.

Not sure I've captured The Essential Mike but you're a tricky one - one minute a beard, next clean-shaven, next a Don Johnson, more hair, less hair, hat, no hat, smile, grimace, big chin, no chin. You're a chameleon!

Whatever, here it is, suitable colourful with the illusion of light as befitting a chameleon ...

Attachments

• MikeM-drums.jpg
    MikeM-drums.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 959
Last edited:
Ha ha! That's brilliant! I'm so glad you topped me off with the hat (wasn't sure that's what that was until I saw the hair coming out of the cymbal hole!). Oh man, you even captured my 5 front teeth (I don't need no stinkin' braces!). Way too funny! :D

Nice job!

It's weird. I forget everything - appointments, dates, bills, new arrangements, resolutions - and I remember something like this.

I see, still in the oven until July. Good that it's a boy. Everyone says there's a man shortage so we need to keep the numbers up.

GD, so you wear hats? Hmm, could have been useful information ...

I usually have my Kangol, Samuel L. Jackson, lid on when it's cool enough. But that isn't often in Florida.

Pol, love your artwork. It's so fun, so you.

Mike, I'm glad you like it. I was struggling to make it YOU, as I know you. I knew you were a bit of a cymbal-head so that was the angle. I don't think I quite captured your smile (which is a nice one), I missed some subtle nuance there. Probably playing my ghost notes a bit too heavy.

Nice and warm in God's Waiting Room, eh GD?

Thanks Larry and, yep, who we are leaches through into all of our art - be it drumming or visual art. No choice.

PQ, here's one for you and your family member-to-be :)

Attachments

• pq's-baby.jpg
    pq's-baby.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,081
Last edited:
I can't wait to see my cartoon! You are very talented Polly!
Accounting, My Father was an accountant. We have nothing in common. I laughed hard when you posted that cartoon!

Back