Another fine celebrity FAIL.

But my point is that surely he could have just bought some of them given that he's a rich rockstar and everything? Plenty of rockstars are addicted to extremely expensive drugs like cocaine without resorting to armed robbery.

Yeah, but you need a prescription. I'd assume he didn't have one.

But my point is that surely he could have just bought some of them given that he's a rich rockstar and everything? Plenty of rockstars are addicted to extremely expensive drugs like cocaine without resorting to armed robbery.

I take it you've not encountered too many addicts, Ed?

You'll learn pretty bloody quickly that there is little rhyme or reason....and even less logic (at least sane and sober logic) that goes into any of the decisions they make when it comes time to cop.

When they need a fix, they need a fix....come hell or high water....end of story. That's about as logical as it gets.

I take it you've not encountered too many addicts, Ed?

You'll learn pretty bloody quickly that there is little rhyme or reason....and even less logic (at least sane and sober logic) that goes into any of the decisions they make when it comes time to cop.

When they need a fix, they need a fix....come hell or high water....end of story. That's about as logical as it gets.

To be honest i think you sound extremely patronising, all 3 of you. As if you think i don't know what drug addicts do or something. All i'm saying is that even if he is an addict he's not justified in doing what he did.

Last edited:
To be honest i think you sound extremely patronising, all 3 of you. As if you think i don't know what drug addicts do or something. All i'm saying is that even if he is an addict he's not justified in doing what he did.

Whatever.

If you've already got the answer, I'll trust you can now stop asking the question then.

Last edited:
An addiction to prescription painkillers is just like any other addiction. Prescription drugs are more esoteric and harder to find on the street (with some exceptions) hence the need for the armed robbery.

One of my best friends when I was a teenager turned into a major drug addict. I have sympathy for those that end up in that position and wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy. With that said, if you commit a crime you take the responsibility. Addiction is not an excuse.

I'll take a step back and say that I do agree with you. Being an addict DOES NOT justify doing what he did. It just explains why he did it.

You forgot this epic little bit:

Todd was arrested at the concert hall before the show began, but the rest of his bandmates performed without him.

He's scheduled to be arraigned Monday in Attleboro's District Court; according to Coheed and Cambria's website, "no shows will be cancelled" despite their bassist's arrest.

"Michael Todd was arrested today on what we consider very serious charges and therefore he will not be finishing up the current tour," the statement read. "Wes Styles, longtime member of the Coheed family, will take on bass duties starting tomorrow for the remaining dates."

Perfect - they played without him and it looks like he may be gone for a while!

A band is always ready for a bassist dropping out in my experience! They have a tendency to be unreliable :p

Such lame, stupid and dumb acts make you wonder if Michael Todd or any other musicians are either genius or spoon fed kids. Why do these musicians feel they can do anything without any consequences? Such irresponsible musicians make a bad rapport of all the people involved in this industry.

Such lame, stupid and dumb acts make you wonder if Michael Todd or any other musicians are either genius or spoon fed kids. Why do these musicians feel they can do anything without any consequences? Such irresponsible musicians make a bad rapport of all the people involved in this industry.

I would say this behavior and addicts exist in all professions, musicians are just in the public spotlight by default. The industry is definitely more lenient on drug use, and they just get farther along in mistakes than most others are allowed to before they hit bottom. Many unknown junkies kill for this and other stuff, it could have been worse. I just think it's sad, that's all.

I think this quote ought to explain this..."A drug is not bad. A drug is a chemical compound. The problem comes in when people who take drugs treat them like a license to behave like an asshole." - Frank Zappa

Back