Tune Bot / Idrum Tech lawsuit?

Wait seriously? Cause I just got it today and paid 3.99 for it. If I had waited an hour I would have got it free?

Wait seriously? Cause I just got it today and paid 3.99 for it. If I had waited an hour I would have got it free?

Yeah, I guess? I checked earlier and it was still listed as 3.99. Just checked a few minutes ago and it was free, so I downloaded it. May not get to try it anytime soon, but it seemed to download okay.

Sue them! ha ha, bad joke. Just kidding.

FYI.. I have this app and I was perusing around last night trying to figure out some settings to use this with my new Gretsch kit.

It sounds like this app is shut down now and will no longer be updated and is no longer available? :(

I went to look at downloading it too, even as an owner of a tune-bot, and it was gone.

I have a strobe tuner app, and wonder how I can use that type of technology to tune drums...

I didn't know about these apps or devices until this thread...cool stuff.

It's unfortunate when a company comes up with a great idea and it gets copied...and many times, depending on the revenue generated, the patent holder will not pursue the infringing faction. At least one company I consult for has a patent that has been seemingly infringed on by a huuge company...and since the sales have been low and revenue is low compared to those of the patent holder, they sorta sit it out.

It does sound like guitar tuner technology for sure...but if they somehow worded it to get around the prior art that may exist, the patent can be valid.

I've come into contact with some folks that look at potentially lucrative technologies that are patented and evaluate if there is a way around it so they can jump in.

Some larger companies have a policy of not going after infringement...simply due to the revenue at stake vs legal cost

It is up to the courts on this, sounds like. I wish I would have gotten it when the thread started.

Somewhat related, I heard a pretty good episode of This American Life called "When Patents Attack" that gave me an expanded view of patent law. Worth the time to track down and listen to.

Arrghh! I find this thread after it is not available! Just like the guys above too, :(. Does anybody know if the lawsuit went through or not? I am not finding any info on what happened other than idrumtech is wiped from the internet. None of the links seem to be working, except one fb page. Such a shame as I was so psyched to find out about this!

Don't know about lawsuits, but the tune-bot is awesome. I'd rather not buy some device I don't want to get all these "App for that"s. A simple cell phone is all I will own, tyvm.

Anyway, got the tune-bot and it is great! Esp on my 7pc. I have them tuned better than I ever could without lugging a keyboard around for reference. It is the bomb, baby!

IdrumTech is not available in the U.S. any longer as of about a week ago. They didn't have the resources to fight the lawsuit, which essentially said that they couldn't make a phone app that does the same thing as TuneBot's device.

If you already bought the app, you can keep using it (yeah me), but if you uninstall it it's a goner. Too bad, because it's an awesome app.

It a great iphone app. spot on. To spend $99 vs $2.99, is crazy. Too bad. So if you still have it loaded don;t uninstall it, USE IT. Otherwise the TuneBot is really a good choice.

IdrumTech is not available in the U.S. any longer as of about a week ago. They didn't have the resources to fight the lawsuit, which essentially said that they couldn't make a phone app that does the same thing as TuneBot's device.

If you already bought the app, you can keep using it (yeah me), but if you uninstall it it's a goner. Too bad, because it's an awesome app.

I was lucky enough to get it on my phone before this all went down. whenever I upgrade my phone, I'll probably keep the old one around just to be used for idrumtech and the metronome app I have installed it.

The lawsuit is pretty lame. The creator of iDrumTech has tried on multiple occasions to work out a deal with Tune Bot, but they've rebuffed him and decided to go this route instead.

It's pretty lame, because I would've considered buying iDrumTech AND a Tune-Bot (sometimes you just don't want to risk taking your phone out for sketchy characters to see at some venues), but as a result of this frivolous lawsuit, I will be buying neither.

Way to go Tune Bot.

I've downloaded the IdrumTech and the Drumalyzer 2.0, both were wonderful apps for tuning. The thing is that my phone's Jelly Beam upgraded its version and the apps were gone.

Does anyone have the apk for re downloading it? I would download the Drum Tuner from Google Play, but it has very bad reviews and the caps make me believe that it´s not that good. However, does anyone use Drum Tuner? It is worth paying for this app?

I've donated 6,99 to these guys. It is a shame this lawsuit. Absurd.

Those defending the Tune-bot people. Their patent suit is related to being able to read a frequency with a microphone as it relates to ANYTHING... The tune bot folks have hardware - idrumtech was using hardware that was already in place (phones).

What do you think this frivolous BS is REALLY about?

Those defending the Tune-bot people. Their patent suit is related to being able to read a frequency with a microphone as it relates to ANYTHING... The tune bot folks have hardware - idrumtech was using hardware that was already in place (phones).

What do you think this frivolous BS is REALLY about?

What does it matter? We have no influence over its outcome and the 6 people here offended by it are not going to be bringing anyone to their knees anytime soon by withholding their purchases so it is ultimately a moot point

Back