Signature Sticks!

I use the Dave Lombardo Signature Pro-Mark sticks and absolutely love them. There's nothing I don't like about them. I've bought 4-5 pairs already and keep worrying that they won't make them anymore as they're the perfect sticks for me.

Really love the Colaiuta sticks. For straight ahead drum sticks it seems it will end up being my only choice.

I only have one pair and enjoy to play is the - Simon Phillips Pro Mark TX707W.

It's hickory made...5A diameter...16 1/4" length with beefier neck and round bead for a great cymbal articulation.

Of the ones I've played:

Jack DeJohnette (Vic Firth)- great sticks, but overused them so the tips chipped kinda fast. They're still in tact and I use them once in awhile but they make my ride sound a bit dead.
Dave Weckl (Vic Firth)- great sticks, but I've started to move away from 5A type sticks to 5B to sticks so I don't use these much anymore outside of jazz.
David Garibaldi (Vic Firth)- Very versatile stick. These were my main sticks for awhile but again, I'm starting to prefer heavier sticks so I won't be using these as much anymore.
Vinnie Colaiuta (Zildjian)- Love em, great feel. Only problem is that the autograph wore off really fast compared to the others.
Todd Sucherman (Pro Mark)- Awesome sticks. Nice and beefy grip but not too heavy, great ride cymbal sound. Probably my favorites of all these.

i think my signature sticks would be some sort of cool oar/paddle affair

Thank you sir! May I have another?!

Twenty points if you get the reference.

Oliver Twist ( do I win ?)

Now back to the topic at hand.

I generally buy two models of sticks - one a standard Regal Tip 8A maple and the other is the Regal Tip BG ( Bob Gatzen) model., these two models cover pretty much any gig I do these days.

I did recently pickup some Zildjian Danny Seraphine signature model sticks. He used to be a ProMark artist and I really liked the ProMark version as their finish gets tackier and easier to grip as it gets warm. The Zildjian version is not as well made IMHO. The stick is not as well made .

Check this company out:

http://customdrumsticks.biz

You don't have to order 1000.

You can get anything you want done.

These guys make my sticks, and I haven't even thought about trying other sticks since I started buying from them.
They now have the same wood supplier as Vic Firth and the wood looks beautiful.

Just passing it along.

Just gonna say, he changed his web address after he moved and was down for a few months. He's now at http://www.customdrumstix.com/ and it's the best deal anyone could offer.

Oliver Twist ( do I win ?)

Now back to the topic at hand.

I generally buy two models of sticks - one a standard Regal Tip 8A maple and the other is the Regal Tip BG ( Bob Gatzen) model., these two models cover pretty much any gig I do these days.

I did recently pickup some Zildjian Danny Seraphine signature model sticks. He used to be a ProMark artist and I really liked the ProMark version as their finish gets tackier and easier to grip as it gets warm. The Zildjian version is not as well made IMHO. The stick is not as well made .

No, not that one!

Animal House...

you know i used to play with carbon sticks when i was 12ish, i didn't mind them because they were light, but they would always make black marks on my cymbals

if someone release carbon sticks with normal nylon tear drops then i'd definitely start using them, not because i break sticks, but because the 5bs are so light

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdFLPn30dvQ

Back