Help needed on choosing good electronic hihat

Overg

Hi all,
I have Sonor drums that I transferred to electric kit.
I did it so I can practice at night.
What I did was to put red triggers from ddrum, and td3 module.
I also put the regular drum pads to muffle the sound instead of the usual mesh heads.
So now if I want to go live drumming I simply remove the muffles.
But lately I start to play really late at night ( no time during the day)
So the cymbals which at this moment are regular need to be replaced.
I really love the hihat nuances and tricks you can do with it..
What do I need to buy/ upgrade in order to get the ultimate hihat experience?
What module? ( what is supernatural ?? In the td 11/15 does I have any effect?)
What hihat? Vh11??
Any help is welcome!
Thanks!

I like the roland one from the td-20 and td-30, not sure which model numbers they have.

I have a 2box, the hi-hat is a cool design but the rubber is a bit too soft. Same with yamaha, the rubber doesn't feel ideal, the hard plastic of the roland gives a rebound that's closest to a real set of hats.

I like the roland one from the td-20 and td-30, not sure which model numbers they have.

I have a 2box, the hi-hat is a cool design but the rubber is a bit too soft. Same with yamaha, the rubber doesn't feel ideal, the hard plastic of the roland gives a rebound that's closest to a real set of hats.

Thanks! :)
What about roland supernatural , what is it? And how is the. Td11?how it compare to 2box

can u post pics of your new setup? Which trigger pads did u use? Also have sonor kit. Was thinking of doing same versus buying a Yamaha DTX series.

Last edited:

Td-20 used the VH-12 (can also use the VH-11). TD 30 uses VH-13-MG (and is backwards compatible with the other 2 according to the website.)

The VH-11 is the one piece, the other 2 are clamshells. The VH-11 works with the td-4 and up from the "old" set of Roland drums, however, it is not as dynamic on the TD-4 as it is on the TD-12 because the module on the 12 has more features.

Td-20 used the VH-12 (can also use the VH-11). TD 30 uses VH-13-MG (and is backwards compatible with the other 2 according to the website.)

The VH-11 is the one piece, the other 2 are clamshells. The VH-11 works with the td-4 and up from the "old" set of Roland drums, however, it is not as dynamic on the TD-4 as it is on the TD-12 because the module on the 12 has more features.
I see. So if I want a good hihat experience will the VH-12 and the td 11 with super natural will be sufficient? ( also if you can shed some light on the super natural tech and what does it mean?)
Thanks!

can u post pics of your new setup? Which trigger pads did u use? Also have sonor kit. Was thinking of doing same versus buying a Yamaha DTX series.

I am using the TD3 module, and the Red shot DDRUM triggers. (the pack that cost 100$)
I use the same drum heads, but I put silent pad, and cut some hole to put the triggers.
(this way I can enjoy both worlds..)
you can look on the image attached.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    219.1 KB · Views: 4,500
From what I gather the super natural thing is just some buzzwords for realistic sounds. Not really a HUGE deal for a practice kit.

According to the roland website, in the td11 module manual it does NOT list the VH12 as a compatible hi hat, only the VH11 (and the FD pedals). It doesn't mean it won't work...but I'd go test it in a shop that has them.

The VH-11 is fine though. IMO, the VH-12 is just a waste of plastic to make a "clamshell" e-hi hat.

Check out the Zildjian Gen series acoustic /electric hats - very cool
And super realistic (because they're real hats not triggers)

Back