Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

On seeing the Yamaha with wooden hoops, I've decided that I want woodys on my Mapex...

Haha.

Now to save up the ridiculous amount of money to do so...

New Drivers seat shot of the kit with the new addition - a 20" Meinl Byzance Jazz Medium Thin Ride.

Attachments

• photo 1 copy.JPG
    photo 1 copy.JPG
    267 KB · Views: 3,987
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    260.3 KB · Views: 3,749
POV from my Mapex Meridian Maple at First Baptist Central Florida

Attachments

• Kit2.jpg
    Kit2.jpg
    711 KB · Views: 3,816
  • Kit3.jpg
    Kit3.jpg
    661.7 KB · Views: 3,524
My BCA w/o cymbals and hardware
picture.php

My ekit now back to single bass though...
picture.php

My Maple Custom Abs. shown with old cymbals..now have Paiste and also no longer have DW9000..now have Axis...
picture.php

Since All these pictures are kinda old..I guess I need to take some new ones…lol..

That is stunning, and it looks like we have similar good taste in pedals and snare drums! How do you like the trick throwoff kit for the supraphonic?

Cheers mate :) The Trick throw is spot-on - super smooth and easy. I gather Trick have now released a chrome version which I wish I had on this drum but hey. To me the rest of the ingredients on the Luddy snare drums is just right so this rounds it out and makes it very useable :)

On seeing the Yamaha with wooden hoops, I've decided that I want woodys on my Mapex...

Haha.

Now to save up the ridiculous amount of money to do so...

LOL yea :) I priced-up the Yamaha hoops and they wanted about £1100+ IIRC

I got my hoops from Explorers Drums in the States - can't quite remember what I paid for them but I think it was about half that price including shipping, HM Customs and VAT so it was a no-brainer. They are made from rock maple and are well made and finished.

EDIT: I just found the receipt: the cost for the 8 tom hoops was $395.60. Shipping was $78. I got matching bass drum hoops separately from rockemmusic in the UK. Say £600 all in for this kit - something like that - much better than the £F**MeHowMuch! that Yamaha wanted LOL

Last edited:
Ive posted a very similar pic before.... but I recently got this 8 inch splash thats on top of my 18" medium.....and I absolutely love it

I havent had a splash in so log that its added voice has sparked a bit of creativity

love it

splashp.jpg

Well that's my "kit".. close to nothing but it has grown recently, haha.
The most recent addition was the Remote Speedy Hat (by Legacy Percussion Gear, designed by Bill Bachman) - arrived just days ago.
Snare = marching tom w/ snare wires (but I'm using a pad on top 99% of the time).
Tom sizes are... Wait, I don't have any ;-) Bassdrum missing also.
Pedals = dw2002 (due to my music dealer) w/ RealFeel kick practice pad (& extra foam)
Hihat = basically no name product but sounds ok. With a Billdidit Coady Clutch drop clutch on top.
That's a pair of cut down Zildjian ZBT hihat cymbals on the Tama Iron Cobra hihat stand.
Ride = Meinl Byzance Dry Ride 20''.
Crash = Doppler Drums 16'' Rock Crash (had a crack -> I DIY'ed it into an "O-zone" style cymbal.)
8 DIY bells waiting to get some bell holders...

The Roland TD-9 e-kit in the background is for temporary use.

Attachments

• Arky's kit_sized.jpg
    Arky's kit_sized.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 3,379
LOL yea :) I priced-up the Yamaha hoops and they wanted about £1100+ IIRC

I got my hoops from Explorers Drums in the States - can't quite remember what I paid for them but I think it was about half that price including shipping, HM Customs and VAT so it was a no-brainer. They are made from rock maple and are well made and finished.

EDIT: I just found the receipt: the cost for the 8 tom hoops was $395.60. Shipping was $78. I got matching bass drum hoops separately from rockemmusic in the UK. Say £600 all in for this kit - something like that - much better than the £F**MeHowMuch! that Yamaha wanted LOL

I love Rockem, I'm there regularly as I go to university nearby.

Maybe in a year or so... interface and mics first!

how big are those hats, and what are they?

Those bad boys are 18". It's a HHX Evolution Crash over a Signature Saturation Crash. Not the right sound for everything but they definitely have their place. They make such a big dirty groove it's not funny, though you do lose some articulation. 16th note disco beats sound wicked on them! We used a similar combination when we recorded my bands EP and I really fell in love with the sound. I set up my 14" HHX Xcelerators yesterday and they felt so tiny.

317938_4198501280414_1396771207_n.jpg

314147_4198502280439_1196240362_n.jpg

Main kit:
Vintage steel Asba in Metallic Purple with die-cast hoops.
13x9
14x12
16x16
22x14

14x6,5 (rare) Yamaha Bamboo Custom

Lock-kit:
18x15 Oak Custom
13x6,5 Maple Custom Sensitive with Russ Miller Groove Wedge

Cymbals:

Main kit (all K):
‎10'' Brilliant splash, '90
13'' K/custom K (rare, early '90 released shortly Z-like brilliant K bottom)
18'' Medium Thin crash
19'' Medium Thin crash, '90
22'' EAK crash/ride with 1 rivet hole, '90
19'' Medium crash, '90
18'' EFX crash

Lock-kit:
17'' old medium thin crashes
16'' Medium Thin crash (with K logo underneath)
20 Avedis Mini Cup Ride

Heads: All Remo

Toms: Coated Ambassador batter/Clear Ambassador reso
Main Kick: Frosted PS2 unported front/Clear batter (with 18'' Dave Weckl Muffler inside)
Lock-kick: Frosted PS2 unported front/Coated PS3 batter)

Percussion from LP:
Mountable Cyclops with steel jingles, Rock Rider cowbell (without plastic piece) and Sliding Bass drum Mount.

All the bags are Protection Racket (including my stick bag and wallet :p) sticks are Vic Firth, Danmar Red beaters and a nice black Roc N Soc Nitro for the bum.

Im switching all my latest 9000 pedals (kick, hats and electronic) to the early hardware models from back in the days (as you can tell by the kick pedal)

These two kits are for sale since I'm switching to the PHX.

Last edited:
It's not quite as good as some of the other driver pictures on here but it's about the best I can do to fit all the kit in!

Yamaha 9000 10/14/8 Toms, 20x16" bass drum,
World max 14x5.5" snare

Cymbals (left to right):
13" Zildjian K/Z hi hats
18" Zildjian K medium thin dark crash
22" Sabian Omni
17" Zildjian K Custom dark crash
19" Zildjian K Custom hybrid china

Hopefully be adding a couple of new toys on to it in the near future!

George.

Attachments

• IMAG0965_Julia.jpg
    IMAG0965_Julia.jpg
    718.9 KB · Views: 3,075
Taken with my phone, but here's an updated shot of my warlord kit with Sonor 12x5" Gavin Harrison limited edition snare (signed by the man himself)!!! Specs upon request. :D

-Jonathan

Attachments

• 010 (800x600).jpg
    010 (800x600).jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 5,506
Back