John Bonham

Re: Achilles Last stand w/ timpini solo

Loving the article. Even though I disagree... Well with the Yorke bit at least.

Yeah I'm not too happy with their latest single either. Perhaps that's microphone w***kery?

Mediocrefunkybeat said:
Yeah I'm not too happy with their latest single either. Perhaps that's microphone w***kery?

I just thought it was quite a good caption because of the whole Rube Goldberg type implication, like he'd somehow managed to finally hit upon the perfect solution to his digitary manipulation problems by means of an SM57, tens of thousands of dollars worth of rackmount FX, a guitar and a very, very large P.A.... The expression on his face helps, too.

Also:

"22% of the letters in Thom Yorke’s name are superfluous."

Hah!

I'm starting to like that website Finn. It's like how Maddox would be if it's funny. I can just see you there reading it for hours. Rude Goldberg indeed, although the piano isn't superfluous... or the microphone. Maybe Mr. Bellamy is having a mid-life crisis and needs to quell his desires by buying lots of outboard reverb and delay units?

22% seems pretty accurate...

NUTHA JASON said:
my favourite part is at 6:45
j
Yep! Sheer Bonzo Power.
Thanks for sharing Class A. I have the DVD as well, but it's nice to watch that song separately, anways.

NUTHA JASON said:
link works for me...tho i have the DVD. my favourite part is at 6:45

j
everyone was saying the link didnt work because i actually for got to copy and paste it lol.

NUTHA JASON said:
link works for me...tho i have the DVD. my favourite part is at 6:45

j

I think that's everyone's favorite part. ;)

that performance really stood out on the dvd. it seemed like they were really pushing themselves that night, with spectacular results.

anyone know where to get any zeppelin bootlegs.
Anywhere on the 'net, haha. My teacher was telling me a story aout how his brother had huge collections of Zeppelin's stuff, bootlegs, albums everything. I think he said there was about 4 different versions of Moby Dick. He turned religious, and burned them all because of their 'affiliation' with satan.. Shocking, ain't it?

Back