Zildjian Crash/Ride?

I just purchased a 19" Beautiful Baby Ride as a secondary ride, but I was very impressed with the clips. I can't imagine being disappointed by it. I also know the 19 K Constantinople is great too.

If you are willing to step outside the Zildjian make, both the Paiste Giant Beat and Paiste 20" 602 Medium Ride are excellent. If I could only take one, I'd take the 602, its about the crashiest ride I've ever seen.

I have an 70s A Zildjian 20" crash-ride (2020 gms). It's very washy and hard to control as a ride. On the other hand, it's pitched low, and doesn't have the attack of a crash. It has a nice sounding bell and swells VERY well with mallets though. So its neither a crash nor a ride. It is what it is, a very unique cymbal which sidesteps classification.
I just picked up one of those today for $20 off Craigslist. It was listed without a name. I had a feeling by looking at the picture that it was a vintage Zildjian A. For $20 I practically stole it from the lady, and I didn't tell her what it is.

But it's exactly as you describe here. So happy to have it!

I got the K Crash Ride in 20". I mainly use it as a darker washy ride but of course you can crash it too. The problem there is that it is REALLY loud. And gong-y. Like a dark brassy chiming grandfather clock followed by a sizzle wash.

You can hear it pretty well here. It is the only ride I've used, and around the 3:00 mark or so where I kick it into the heavy chorus that's when I'm really biting into it and it's swinging full force.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPIIAoPAsXM

Back