Are there IHOP's in Europe?

Well, it's been established that IHOP exists in Canada and Mexico, as well as the US. So technically, they're international. Although they are definitely trying to give the impression of being truly global, a company only needs to have a presence in two countries to be international :)

Actually the only impression they are trying to give is the one previously stated.

"The original concept was a restaurant which featured various types of pancakes and similar foods such as crepes and blintzes from all over the world, offered at affordable prices."

Right on. They should be The House of International Pancakes. I guess IHOP is easier to say than THIP or HOIP

Here's a good mid-American $7.99 diner breakfast, complete with old man sitting at the counter.

11-04008.jpg

11-04010.jpg

11-04011.jpg

I think this was somewhere out in the middle of Utah.

Actually the only impression they are trying to give is the one previously stated.

"The original concept was a restaurant which featured various types of pancakes and similar foods such as crepes and blintzes from all over the world, offered at affordable prices."

Ah, missed that post. That's certainly more valid than being in three neighboring countries :)

I want to visit one of these places now. Do they make good stuff, or are they the McDonald's of pancakes?

8mile i've been there the place is awesome everything is homemade, the orange juice is fresh-squeezed, the blueberry syrup has blueberries in it, great coffee whats not to like the only think they don't. have is Steak & Eggs i've asked..lol

If you're in the metro-detroit area I highly recommend it but get there early because there is usually a line.

Bonzolead

Oh, yeah. It is terrific. It's worth going there just to get a side of their thick-cut bacon or sausage links. The baked omelettes, all puffy and delicious, are awesome, too.

My experience in traveling around Europe is that the American notion of "breakfast" is unique to the States. The funny thing is eating at European hotels that are accustomed to having lots of American tourists. The hotels clearly are trying to figure out how to make the kind of breakfast an American tourist would eat, but they come up with something that's... not quite it.

Personally, I like Cracker Barre more than IHOP.

But perhaps that is because there are no Cracker Barrel's in California, yet there is another IHOP every few miles in Southern California.

Back