What's the story behind your user name?

My name is Thord, but It´s pronounced with an Å(scandinavian letter), So I thought it would look cooler with two a´s. Problem is that people have started to call me Tard and Tardy boy.

Ian Paice / Tony Williams = Ian Williams.
In fact, it's my real name. I am blessed! thanks to Mum and Dad.

My username is an almagamation of "Bass Drum" and "Devil Driver" (groove metal band that I was thinking of when thinking about for inspiration for what the username should be).

Also I'm starting to train a quite a bit on double-kick speed and control, and the bass drum in a drumset can really drive a groove.

You can call me "BD"

Last edited:
Thaard, just as long as people don't call you a tard!

BassDriver I thought you were an ex-bassist who'd seen the light :)

thtst, I was wondering about your username. Thought it might have been an acronym.

My name is Thord, but It´s pronounced with an Å(scandinavian letter), So I thought it would look cooler with two a´s. Problem is that people have started to call me Tard and Tardy boy.

For me, you are Harald the Great!

A friend of mine called me goat duck (my last name is goetgeluck pronounced goodluck) and he started saying words that he thought my last name looked like. Im not sure how he got that from my last name but he did. I thought it was kinda funny so I chose it as a username.

Well, back in 6th grade, since my friend played guitar, I played drums, and some other guys who played "rock" instruments in the school, the new band teacher decided to create an after school rock program. well one day during that, it was just me and 2 of the usual 8 there and we were kinda jittery and went off task in between songs. So the band teacher Called me captain sticks, being a drummer, my friend Captain Noodles, and The other guy noodle-sticks(he played drums and guitar).

-hope that is not ambiguous

When I was in my teens I worked as a laborer on construction sites one summer. Most of my fellow workers were much older than I and of Afro-american decent, everyone on the job had a nick name, given by the boss man. Mine was to be, Rockin Big Daddy or RBD. When some of my school mates heard the tag, they couldn't let it go. So here I am.

Jeff

After I retired, completing 30 years as a museum curator, I started a heritage conservation consulting business. I was looking for a business name and one winter morning I was looking out my kitchen window into pasture below my house. In the middle of the pasture was a coyote rustling up a meal by digging in the snow. The cold morning light, as it was racking across the snow, threw a blue light on the animal. It actually looked blue in color. Suddenly I had my business name and my user name for the forum that I partipate in. Thus I have been the bluecoyote ever since. Oddly enough blue is my favorite color so I was an easy fit.

When I was a kid, my friends called me "Cornhole" because of my first name, but I did not think that that was suitable for a user name!

well my story sounds lame compared to others, but anywho bought a joey jordison sig snare cause i liked the sound, not a big fan of slipknot though. i had to start new accounts on various web sites and all the names i picked were taken, my recent purchase came to mind and ive never had it rejected since, never have i found a site where the name "joeysnare" was taken. I do kinda regret that it represents one of my possesions but doesnt really say anything about me.

My name is Eric. Good stuff, huh?

I would be worried about creating a user name after a band I was currently in, for the same reason I wouldn't write a love song named after a current girlfriend-it's just bad luck.

The story behind my user name is that, my best friend, lover and soul mate all rolled into one is an ace drummer and he referes to me as a famous duck. so hence drummerduck!!

when i started to look for other people to learn to play with they were surprised when they turned up to find an old woman. I did not want to put people off by starting email and ads with---"hi I am a 60 year old woman" thought most people would not read much furthur. so I decided to get the point over in my user name on musicians websites. And now I have just got used to it. Mind you some people must not look at user names or email addresses because people still got a shock.

My current band do not mind playing with a wrinkly, they are in their 20's and a good bunch of lads. Dont do their image much harm, people do not normally notice who is behind the drums. Often after a gig whilst mingling people are realy surprised when I say I am the drummer, they had not even noticed it was a woman, never mind an older one.

Whats the story behind your user name

i lvoe it so far haha you shold get this published is this like based on a true story?

Mr. Choppers is the nickname of my dog, Oscar. He's the one in my avatar... Jack Russell / Chihuahua mixture. He got the name because he likes to play bite.

Lisbon '67 refers to when Glasgow Celtic FC won the European Cup in 1967 against Inter Milan in Lisbon, Portugal. Celtic were actually the first non latin team to win the cup. My avatar is Billy McNeil, the team captain, holding the Cup over Celtic Park.

My parent didn't give me the name Riddle, i'm chinese. But i was into Lord Voldemort when i was younger, and somehow riddle got stuck.

Fancy playing drums with wands?

*I still don't understand why i can't save my profile picture, even after resizing it to 100x100pixels*

Back