Nicko McBrain

He plays better now than lars ulrich can! It wasnt Nicko on Run to The Hills!!But he does play a cracking version on the live albums.

cheesefives said:
He plays double bass on the wicker man, watch the music video.
not true! iv seen him in clinic and he played that song with one pedal and says the only time he used double bass was on face in the sand.

Highway_St*r said:
not true! iv seen him in clinic and he played that song with one pedal and says the only time he used double bass was on face in the sand.

yep thats true, the one only song he used double bass, however they used protools to make it smooth as Nicko admits he is no good a double bass plus the only reason he used a double pedal was due to lenght of the song, he can play it with 1 foot but no for very long..

Nicko McBrain is my favourite drummer, I have never seen anything like him in rock/metal. Clive Burr is also pretty amazing, he plays so fast!!! Check out "Another Life" live at Beast Over Hammersmith!!! But Nicko is still better I think, I started playing to music, and I have always loved playing to Maiden, 'cos Nicko makes everything so interesting to play, and the way he plays to Steve Harris is just amazing. One thing I have always wondered is: is it four or five 32th notes he plays as a fill on the Piece Of Mind album, he uses it quite a lot.

my dreams came true.. found a old concert from sun plaza tokyo 1981
KICK ass drumming from clive ! amazing. nicko is fast with single bass drum, But so is clive

songs like genghis khan, innoncent exile and so on .. all the good old stuff.. and here. a solo with CLIVE :) and all though it isnt with his 82 kit (with the octobans) its still pretty good .. but the concert as a whole.. wow .. POWER :D

get the song another life including solo here : http://www.uploading.com/?get=UL9OW9FD

choose "free" if u wish to download

Last edited:
mikeybbdrummin said:
Anybody know of a good dvd concert w/Nico? Looked, there are a few but dont know which has most drumming or is best.

dont know if its out in dvd form yet.. but i would say live after death is the best.. with nicko.. stunning drum sound. (got it on vhs and cd)

infernal drummer said:
dont know if its out in dvd form yet.. but i would say live after death is the best.. with nicko.. stunning drum sound. (got it on vhs and cd)

Thanks. I will look into it. I found a two dvd set that has 4 -5 different concerts on it. stuff from the 80's and 90's. Its 4-5 hours long. Tower records has it.

Yep, this guys the reason I picked up a pair of sticks. My older brother was into Maiden and he thought of himself as a drummer(which he's not hahaha) so I thought I'd impress him by playing air drums to a maiden song with sticks I made from an old chair. I remember the song, it was Aces High. Needless to say my arms were buggered after that but the whole maiden vibe took me from that day on. I'm still a MASSIVE maiden fan and probably always will be Thanks Nicko, you're the greatest.

Ive seen Nicko up close at a guitar fest a while back. Amazing player. ill also see maiden in December! Whos got the new album? What are your thoughts??

mikeybbdrummin said:
I found Rock in Rio. It was really good. Nicos drums sound great. Snare in particular.
I think it was done in 2001.

yeah its a okay dvd :)

stixman said:
Ive seen Nicko up close at a guitar fest a while back. Amazing player. ill also see maiden in December! Whos got the new album? What are your thoughts??

well i like it..
its not better than the previus one though, if i should compare only those two..

My fav is still brave new world, its got that epic feel to it. I thing matter of L and D has got that feel back after dance of death. They are selling more tickets if you want to go, get there fast though!!

Ive got AMOLAD and to be honest, it doesnt stand out. My favourite song is the legacy, its a bit zeppelin ish once you get into the main song

Nicko is in this months edition of Rhythm, but he's endorsed by Drummer magazine :| (UK Magazines)

Just bought the new Iron Maiden Album.

Its breaking my heart to say this but I'm really not impressed with Nicko on this Album, I love his snare sound but the toms sound horrid, also the drumming seems to not have the energy it once used to, same fills in a lot of the songs, slows down, doesn't seem to flow, maybe its jsut me though..

Wheres Nicko gone, come back please...

What does everyone else make of the Album?

Back