new Drum Workshop Direct Drive pedal @ NAMM 2014

They look solid and loaded with features. But it's DW which means it will be overpriced tot he extreme. I see DW failing here much like Pearl did with the Demon Drives. The direct drive market is a market dominated by Trick, Axis, and all those other Direct Drive-specific companies. Drummers looking for a quality DD pedal will lean toward Trick or Axis regardless. The only way DW can pull this off, in my opinion, is by pricing competitively, which we have kind of see them do with their drums lately. Doubt they'll budge on these pedals

rupss price for the a21 derek roddy signatures is 849.38$
european market has them at 1195 € (1641.33$)

so therefore the new DW crap will be close to 2000$ for me.
Who the hell will buy that shit? They might pop up in a store in 2015 over here i reckon.

So basically for a 150ish dollars less you get an established direct drive pedal with triggers on it.

rupss price for the a21 derek roddy signatures is 849.38$
european market has them at 1195 € (1641.33$)

so therefore the new DW crap will be close to 2000$ for me.
Who the hell will buy that shit? They might pop up in a store in 2015 over here i reckon.

So basically for a 150ish dollars less you get an established direct drive pedal with triggers on it.

$2000? Hey its DW c'mon, cut em some slack!

What's crazy is they'll probably sell some at $2k

Wait until you see my full review of the new Malleus direct drive pedal. It is next level.

For a little background...I have one of the original Axis double pedals that I bought when it first came out.. I own, or have owned, the Trick, another pair of Axis A Longboards as well as the Demon Drive.

I also work in the aerospace industry and my customer base is CNC machine shops. I have been in and around them for over 30 years. I hang and get drunk with machinists, engineers and machine shop owners.

The Malleus truly is the best of the machined, direct drive bunch. Imagine if someone actually evaluated all of the direct drives on the market, made a pedal and then solicited opinions of dozens of working players on that pedal.

Then Imagine that a Version 2 of the pedal comes out, with all of the best features incorporated into it.

That is the Malleus.

DW's attempt at this is lame compared to what is going on at Malleus.

I think the pedal looks great and would really like to try it out. In regards to the price, I have been quoted $799 for the double version by a reputable dealer.

Anyone know if that throne comes with rubber feet?

Side note: these were developed at least in part with Bob Gatzen coming out of the PDP B.O.A. technology. These are way overpriced IMHO.

Overpriced aside; has anyone played one of these yet???

While I appreciate the functionality,design, craftsmanship and the American made of this beast, it would seriously have to blow me away to separate me from that much money for a pedal.

Wait until you see my full review of the new Malleus direct drive pedal. It is next level.

For a little background...I have one of the original Axis double pedals that I bought when it first came out.. I own, or have owned, the Trick, another pair of Axis A Longboards as well as the Demon Drive.

I also work in the aerospace industry and my customer base is CNC machine shops. I have been in and around them for over 30 years. I hang and get drunk with machinists, engineers and machine shop owners.

The Malleus truly is the best of the machined, direct drive bunch. Imagine if someone actually evaluated all of the direct drives on the market, made a pedal and then solicited opinions of dozens of working players on that pedal.

Then Imagine that a Version 2 of the pedal comes out, with all of the best features incorporated into it.

That is the Malleus.

DW's attempt at this is lame compared to what is going on at Malleus.

OK Jeff, its been a month, bring it on. The MALLEUS phalleus review, can't wait to see it, with pics we hope too.

OK Jeff, its been a month, bring it on. The MALLEUS phalleus review, can't wait to see it, with pics we hope too.

You're right, Ive been caught up with this crazy thing called life but I will sit down, pound it out and have the thread up within a day or two.

Back